Respected Contributor

Married at First Sight - Happily ever after - Possible spoilers

This show has just recently started showing the 3 couples expecting their first child.

Last night's show was quite interesting for all 3 couples, with Danielle and Bobby's being the most revealing.  This was the couple who supposedly had no arguments or problems.... until now.  I hope Bobby steps up and holds his ground.  They  have so much on their plate being newlyweds for not very long and now expecting a baby and she wants to move.  Way too much at one time IMO.

The fact that Ashley spoiled a surprise for Anthony was very wrong IMO.

As for Shawniece and Jephte, I wish them much luck.

Looking forward to other responses and opinions.

Respected Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - Happily ever after - Possible spoilers

I recorded this but have not watched the latest episode yet.  The first two episodes were pretty boring.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they're just trying to "make some drama" around Bobby and Danielle. I suspect they're just fine...They seem very well matched and happy. I kinda doubt that Sheanice and Jeptha will make it. He doens't seem mature enough to stay married. The other couple, Anthony and Ashley, seem perfectly fine to me, too. They appear to genuinely care about each other. I don't blame her to telling Anthony the sex of the child....that's just silly on his part to want to wait.

Respected Contributor

I just hope they want drama for Bobby & Danielle because I did notice on Married at 1st Sight Bobby was always doing everything for her. She is 5 months pregnant & wants to move, by the time they find the house then wait for closing it will be soon to her due date with moving. They did say money would be a factor with the size of the house, just wait another year after the birth & save up for the 4 bedroom she wants. I understand she wants a house they pick out together but marriage, baby & moving is all too soon right now. Watching last night, I felt Danielle is way too controlling & Bobby is too passive. 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I think they're just trying to "make some drama" around Bobby and Danielle. I suspect they're just fine...They seem very well matched and happy. I kinda doubt that Sheanice and Jeptha will make it. He doens't seem mature enough to stay married. The other couple, Anthony and Ashley, seem perfectly fine to me, too. They appear to genuinely care about each other. I don't blame her to telling Anthony the sex of the child....that's just silly on his part to want to wait.

@Goldengate8361, Anthony said he was waiting until a certain month and miscalculated by a month but kept the reveal date the same.  While some may they think it's silly, it was his request and IMO she should've honored that.  Even the look on Dr. Pepper's face showed that.

Anthony bought her a nice gift for their anniversary to get monthly spa treatments and she gives him a dress for the baby showing the gender.  Not something he can use for himself.  I really felt for him and rather than "going off" on her, he handled it well.  

Respected Contributor

I felt bad for Anthony. He didn't want to know and she went ahead to tell him. Even tho she knew she could have done a reveal party when he wanted to know. Most couples do want to know right away but if that was the way he wanted I would have not told him. They asked her why did you tell him? She said I'm not good at keeping secrets with a big smile on her face. Anthony looked sad.

Honored Contributor

Remember - this show is GOLD for the MAFS franchise. We already have a "connection" - sorry to use that word - with these couples from their previous shows. I don't for a minute believe this show, like the others, isn't somewhat scripted. You have to create drama for ratings where there is none! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I have watched a couple of these episodes and I don't honestly care for any of them as a couple.  IMO the only couple that should possibly be having a baby is Ashley and Anthony.  Jephte and Shawniece and Bobby and Danielle got pregnant way too soon.  They barely know each other. 

Jephte and Shawniece are a trainwreck and have no business bringing a baby into this world.  I do not see good things down the road for the 2 of them. 

Danielle is a snot.  I feel like Bobby is just going to get run all over by her because he won't man up and stand up to her. 

I really liked Ashley and Anthony during the season they were on but now, not so much.  I'm not sure if I never noticed this before or Ashley has gotten bad but she is so controlling.  It was so very wrong of her to tell Anthony the gender of the baby when he specifically had said he didn't want to know.  What a selfish brat Ashley was about that. 

On a side note, did Anthony put on a lot of weight or am I remembering him differently?     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Why do you think this is silly?  I have a relative who has 2 kids. 1 is a little over two years old and the other is just about 6 months old. They did not find out the sex of either because neither of them wanted to know.  With the first they were both adament they didn't want to know.  With the second, she was leaning towards wanting to know but he didn't so they didn't find out.  They wanted the element of surprise.

The fact of the matter is, he didn't want to know and that was his choice.  She did want to know so she found out.  Why did she insist on telling him? 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, consider this post giving you 100 hearts for both of your posts.

You said it much better than I did.  Danielle does come off as a little snot or better yet a princess.  Bobby does need to grow a pair and big ones at that.

I agree too about Ashley; she seems to be much more controlling and her lame "I have trouble keeping secrets" was just that - lame.  Poor Anthony received a gift that he personally can't use.  I thought he was very thoughtful with the spa gift to her.

I personally think all of them are having babies too soon.  It's probably a good thing that Dave broke it off with Amber on last season because she definitely would've wanted to start having a baby right away.  IMO, he did the right thing and wanted a divorce.