Esteemed Contributor

Married at First Sight Finale

Anyone surprised at the couples' decisions? I was.

Spoiler
I really thought that Dave or Amber would bow out. No surprise with Danielle and Bobby. Heart I doubt that Mia and Tristan will last. The previews for next week look interesting.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight Finale

I was suprised that Tristan and Mia decided to stay together BUT I read an article that she has filed for divorce.  Not sure how true that is.  I'm glad that Danielle finally told Bobby that she loves him.  He seems like such a sweet heart and a genuine person.  Dave and Amber...not sure if they'll make it.  He does seem to pick on her but she needs to stop thinking she's not his type  She's sabotaging the relationship.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ilovefall wrote:

I was suprised that Tristan and Mia decided to stay together BUT I read an article that she has filed for divorce.  Not sure how true that is.  I'm glad that Danielle finally told Bobby that she loves him.  He seems like such a sweet heart and a genuine person.  Dave and Amber...not sure if they'll make it.  He does seem to pick on her but she needs to stop thinking she's not his type  She's sabotaging the relationship.

@ilovefall  ITA everything you said.  Dave And Amber are a hot mess. I see where after the show she colored over her bleached blond hair to become her natural brunette color.....what Dave likes better.  I do not think this is the "fix" needed in their relationship. I just do not think Dave is THAT INTO HER period. 

Honored Contributor

@ilovefall wrote:

I also agree with all of this.

I absolutely loved the Bobby and Danielle segment and loved how not only he did it, with the cool proposal, but how she did it with telling him that she is in love with him.   That was just great and I think they really are meant to be together.    I hope for them all the best.

I don't expect a lot from the other two couples.     I think that both guys seem like good guys, but Mia and Amber are both awful in a couple of similar ways, but mostly in different ways.   I don't care for either of them.

Respected Contributor

IMO, they really spent way too much time dragging this show out.  

With that said, Bobby and Danielle seem like a great couple and what he did for her brought tears to my eyes.  It was so nice to hear Danielle tell him she loved him.

As for the other 2 couples, I'm surprised.  Tristan must really love Mia to try to make it work, though, for me, I don't know how you can make a marriage work without the trust.  Mia is too quick to use the 'divorce' word.

Dave/Amber - Dave will be walking on eggshells throughout the marriage until he gets fed up with her insecurities. I recall the episode where Amber introduced 2 of her friends to him and she was upset that Dave was talking to one of them.  He will never say/do anything right for her.

I suggest she go to a sperm bank and better work on giving up the alcohol if she wants a family that bad.  Of course, maybe she is already pregnant since they "do it" daily.  

Next week should be entertaining.  

Honored Contributor

I thought the women for the most part in this season were all pretty iffy.  Bobby was giving, giving, giving and Danielle just seemed to take, take, take.  Did anyone notice at the ceremony or whatever you call it where they were saying if they were going to stay together, when Bobby was just saying about the dogs and everything, and he really was not being mean, just stating a fact -- Danielle's face instantly changed and she made some comment about - if he thinks she's going to give up fostering dogs.  Wow --- I thought --- all that he seems to have done for you through this whole process and it didn't look like you had to do much of anything and then you take an attitude because he mentions about cleaning up and caring for the dogs.  I thought --- oh, boy, this is it.  If Bobby doesn't tow the line and treat her like a queen, then bye-bye, Bobby.  

As for Tristan and Mia --- that was a total hot mess.  Tristan is totally blind.  Mia --- seems like a pathological liar and will always be trouble.

As for Dave and Amber --- I like Dave a lot.  Yes, he can be opiniated -- but I like that he says what he feels and does not beat around the bush.  It's good to know what you are dealing with.  Amber has some issues and I believe he has tried to reassure her, but I can well imagine how old that must get when the same thing keeps getting hashed and re-hashed over and over again.

Also, in the reunion show--- what do you suppose the comment will be about one of the couple having a surprise?  Do you think one of them is pregnant?  Do you think it's Amber and Dave ?  She seemed to be really in a hurry to start a family because of being in her late 30s.  

I can't wait to see this show and also the show about the 2 couples who were on before and had babies.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I fell asleep and did not watch the finale but of course saw the results on the computer next morning.  I can undestand Danielle fostering dogs if that is her passion but she should not expect someone else to do unless they want to (not because he wants to keep her).  I really feel they have been putting their best foot forward and maybe they will be in bliss forever.  

The other two I just don't know.  I have found in real life that the couples who seem perfect are not always so perfect and the couples you would never put together in a million years make it.  Arguing gets old to me fast but some people thrive on it.  I don't know what the secret it.  I think it may just be that no one leaves and they just stay together no matter what.