Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight Finale tonight!!!!

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I watched part of this but didn't see it all because I was flipping.  I saw some of Will and I saw all of Luke and Kate.  Sorry, while he is a jerk, still not the least bit impressed with Kate at all.  I'm not sure what was funny about this or why she continually was giggling and had a smirk on her face while she was speaking about all of this or speaking to Luke.  I think there is something off with the both of them.  

I'm also not sure exactly what Kate is supposed to sue over?  Yeah she got set up with a jerk who may or may not be gay.  And?????  She could have walked out during this.  It's happened in seasons past. She didn't need to continue on through this.  

Nothing about that interview with the 2 of them last night made any sense.  Why would she continue to want to have sex with him?  Not buying either of their stories. 

@Lipstickdiva  Kate seems to giggle when she's nervous. Like some if us fiddle with our hair, etc. When they showed the short video of her on vacation- there wasn't a giggle or smirk! She was so content, and looked like a different person. The spark was back.

Super Contributor

Whatever Luke’s problem was part of the reason it didn’t work was that he was NOT the experts first choice for her. I read on the MAFS Instagram they had initially matched her with a doctor who backed out at the last minute. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aside from Luke avoiding giving direct and honest and off the cuff answers.....you can see his wheels are spinning about how he wants to approach his responses, that although Kate did have a few brief moments when she came to life, that there are many more times when someone needs to check that she still has a pulse.

Valued Contributor

Interesting that the experts first choice for Kate was a doctor.  Again, the experts need to figure out why a doctor would need help finding a significant other.  These "Experts" don't really seem to know what the heck they are doing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TeachRsPet wrote:

Whatever Luke’s problem was part of the reason it didn’t work was that he was NOT the experts first choice for her. I read on the MAFS Instagram they had initially matched her with a doctor who backed out at the last minute. 

Then this goes to show you what this show is really all about and it's not finding what they believe to be the perfect match.  Because if this is what happened, they should have also pulled Kate out and matched another couple and if they couldn't do that, they should have just had 3 couples like they normally do.  What a joke.

Trusted Contributor

So, this was my second, and most likely, last season of watching this. The contestants are clearly chosen for the dramatic aspect of nothing is real reality tv. Last season, the "experts" and producers clearly didn't vet Mia or they would have known about the warrant for her arrest. This time, it was Luke. All they have to do is call in the team from Catfish and they can find out anything about people on their social media page(s)!

There have been some post-reunion show tweets and info. First, Kate and her boyfriend at the time of the filming the show are no longer together, but she seems to be happy. This one freaked me out - Jasmine and Mia (last season) have teamed up for some joint soical media contest! While I didn't like Jasmine with Will, I did think she had some class, but now maybe SHE may have gone on TV just for the after-life? She also blasted Will on his thank you tweet to the show and fans. Clearly no love lost there, but it was interesting during the reunion, she had her hand or head near Will in a clearly comfortanle position.

Kate and Luke were just sad all the way around. He needs to come to terms with his sexual preference and I hope she has had some positive self-esteem building experiences with her now-former new boyfriend. I know she is busy building her lingerie business.

I liked Keith and Krystine, but didn't like the show continuing to manipulate us by thinking their big announcement was a baby. Maybe that's why I am done with this show - I know it is all scripted, but I don't like being manipulated.

But, it's over until June. I don't plan to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I thought Kate looked so pretty on the show and in a much better mood. In fact, all of the ladies looked really good. Glad to see AJ smiling so broadly; I think that they are really sweet together and so are Kristine and Keith. Wish them the best. Wish all of them well.

Respected Contributor

I understand why some get fed up, most matches are the worse & how these experts think it all works out is beyond me. Now we go into pass season & where they are now should be fun. Saw some clips of new season coming up and wow. some colleges use these reality TV shows to show how communication is important in life. How relationships need to understand how to communicate to each other which most don't have except for text or afraid to express their opinions. Learning to solve problems. I know most think these show are dumb but without communication life can be a problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been out of town and finaly got a chance to watch the finale.   Luke is an interesting guy.  Hopefully he is able to make inner peace with whatever his preference is.  But I gotta say, his excuse that his buddies put that on his FB page years ago and he just left it all these years is pretty unbelieveable.  He seriously expected Kate to buy that?   I don't blame Kate for being giggly.  Although I agree it was nerves, I also think she was laughing because she can now laugh at all his deflection and ridiculous spins he puts on things. 

Valued Contributor

Now, just bring back LOVE after LOCKUPWoman Very Happy