Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight Finale tonight!!!!

I know most of you are watching now, but I can't watch until later because of baseball!

Big announcement tonight - everyone thinks it's about Luke, but others are saying

Spoiler
Kristine and Keith are expecting!
Honored Contributor

Just finished watching. The "big announcement" was something else, but could you believe how they were making us think it was what they wanted us to think? 

Spoiler
They kept showing Kristine and Keith cuddling and hugging her stomach, then they announced they had bought a house. Well of course they did - she's a realtor! Smiley Very Happy

And the part about Luke storming off the set was wrong too. 

Oh, well. Everyone seems happy - they all have a little more money, and they have "fans" now! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

yes, it was a let down. Kate seemed so happy and she is moving forward. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel , @beach-mom , @Annabellethecat66 , @Snoopp , @HisElk1 , and other posters here, this is what I took away from the reunion episode.  AJ and Stephanie and Keith and Kristine will most likely make it for the long run.  I think Stephanie will keep a handle on AJ and that Keith will do what it takes to make Kristine happy.....even to have sex on the taping day between interviews. LOL

I just find Will to be strange.  I think he lacks social skills especially around women.  Will and Jasmine may end up being friends, but that is all it will ever be.JMO

Now for Luke.  He is one troubled young man.  I almost felt sorry for him.  He seems to be tormented about his sexuality.  For him to be turned off by sex, (I don't think it was Kate as a person he was turned off to, but the fact that she is female) and to be repulsed, feel dead inside, and to be sad and emotional after having sex or even kissing, this guy has got to be gay OR have some other sexual hang up/trauma that he is not confessing to.  I hope he gets help before he messes up someone else's life. 

I am glad that Kate is dating someone that put the twinkle back in her eyes.  She seems happy.  She took the opportunity to tell things that producers must have wanted hushed, like Luke's Facebook page. 

Anyway, I am not sure if I want to commit to the next season.  Time will tell....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@sissel wrote:

@sissel  I was glad to see Kate happy- & STRONG too! The king of deflection (Luke) couldn't sit still, she didn't let any bs pass her by!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I watched part of this but didn't see it all because I was flipping.  I saw some of Will and I saw all of Luke and Kate.  Sorry, while he is a jerk, still not the least bit impressed with Kate at all.  I'm not sure what was funny about this or why she continually was giggling and had a smirk on her face while she was speaking about all of this or speaking to Luke.  I think there is something off with the both of them.  

I'm also not sure exactly what Kate is supposed to sue over?  Yeah she got set up with a jerk who may or may not be gay.  And?????  She could have walked out during this.  It's happened in seasons past. She didn't need to continue on through this.  

Nothing about that interview with the 2 of them last night made any sense.  Why would she continue to want to have sex with him?  Not buying either of their stories. 

Respected Contributor

I believe Kate when she said all along she was committed to sticking through to the end as all of them agree to do even though some don't follow through.

I was surprised that Luke had asked her early on if she thought he was gay.  They had some odd conversations, some cruel conversations, and none that seemed likely to bring about a loving relationship.  There was nothing that indicated he'd slunk off set to cry in a bathroom with his mic still on.  I wonder where that rumor came from.

I hope he gets himself into therapy.  Interesting that Kate said she believes he joined the show to be on TV, I think that was the reason stated, and he didn't seem to object to that at the time.  She seems to know him better than he knows himself.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@sissel wrote:

@sissel  I was glad to see Kate happy- & STRONG too! The king of deflection (Luke) couldn't sit still, she didn't let any bs pass her by!! Woman Happy

@Ibby114, your description "king of deflection" is perfect!  I'm so glad that the host (Kevin, I think) called him out on being honest and answering the questions.

I actually applaud Kate for what she said last night; she stood up to him and didn't allow the lies to be told.  If, in fact, he's lost with his s*xual preferences, he should not have gone on the show.  When all 4 couples were there, you could feel the tenseness between Luke and AJ, etc.  When the show ended, I noticed that none of the other couples came over to Luke and talk to him other than the host. 

I also think that the pros should have been present at the reunion show to have input.  I'm glad for Kate that she has a smile on her face and even got a job promotion; hope her new relationship works out for her.

Super Contributor

The professionals  should have checked Luke's background.  I thought they do an extensive background check on the couples. At least that's what they said for last season. Did they get it wrong this time. sheesh

What man whether he's attracted to you or not , feels dead inside and repulsed after having s*x and locks himself in the bathroom for hours, hmmm.

And why did she keep having s*x with him to feel dejected and depressed?

It was good that she stood up for herself in the reunion, but I would not have stayed. I wouldn't be on the show, there has to be a better way to get married. Smiley Very Happy

JR or whatever his name was has anger issues.  

What are the statistics of couples actually making it after the cameras stop rolling?

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  What an excellent post!  You were totally spot on (everything you said).

Do you guys remember when Kate sat outside at the table talking to Luke's mom?  Luke's mom right then knew that this wasn't ever going to work out.

She pretty much said it when she asked Kate something about what was she going to do if this didn't work out (don't remember exact words).

But that's when I knew for sure she knew something that we (as viewers) did not know.

I used to think he was Bi- but I don't even think that anymore.  One of my best friend's sons is Gay.  He went through Hell with his Father while in college and high school (this was back in the 80's).  

I know there are still people like that (who have a problem with their children being Gay).  But in the case above, it all worked out and he even got married and is very happy (Dad came to the wedding).

I think Kate put her finger on it when someone said to Luke, (paraphrasing), "Did you submit just to be on TV?" Did you hear Kate say, "Yes, he did".

Look.  We've all seen previous shows where it just didn't work out.  But with this Luke guy, I honestly think he wanted advertisement for his business.  Why in the world if they have as many people applying, would they select someone like him?

Although, I do have to admit, he's pretty good at saying what he thinks people want to hear.

Did you guys hear him say he had so many people in his corner (my words, not his).  But he did say he heard mostly positive comments.  He must be lying about that because I can't believe people would say positive things to him.  

He seems like one of the biggest liars and fakes I've ever seen.  And when he gives that smirk that he thinks is cute!!

His hair was a dark color too.  He looked different than he did during the show?  What was that about?

Phew!  I get so worked up thinking about what a terrible job they did picking someone who's such a sleeze.

But after all.  It made for interesting ??? (if you want to call it that) TV, didn't it.  I guess that's what it's all about...at Kate's expense, I feel.

I was glad to hear she got promoted.  That was something good that happened to her.