Trusted Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight Fans- the Atlanta Season Finale

I'm ready for the next group.  Hope that they do a good job and if anyone has a pet, that they consider allergies and people who simply do not want a pet rather than put then in a position to choose.  I am beggining to think that some acting is going on as Eric and Virginia really act happy and if they had differences with the animals and her drinking, I do not think they would act that happy now.  Well, time will tell. Hope they all do well.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I guess the only excitement they could come up with was the Chris and Page thing --- if you could call it excitement!  I was so sick and tired of it -- sheesh!  And yeah, I totally agree!  They praised her up one side and down the other --- ridiculous.  She needed to get a grip long ago and just move on!  I guess she wanted the money and t.v. exposure! And speaking of exposure --- I agree about a lot of her wardrobe choices --- terrible!  

Hayley seems a spoled girl who is passive aggressive.  Yes -- put on this big smile and look pretty and then just crush Jake with her comments and coldness!  

Eric is so smitten with Virginia that he would put up with anything from her.  She still acts like a single college girl.  Good luck...

I don't know how Clara hung in like she did.  Ryan was just so --- blah.  And that mustache --- yuck.  From when the guy was doing the interview, I don't think Clara is in favor of it either!  He looks ridiculous!

Yeah --- I'm up for Houston!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Regarding the next season --- If the "experts" really take into consideration the candidates' wants, likes and dislikes, and their positions on children, no children, pets, etc., as they say they do, hopefully there will be some happy matches! Why match people up knowing there are some sticking points right at the start?  You can't just think --- oh, well, they will change or they will compliment each other because one is quiet and the other is outgoing, one is cheap, one is extravant, one is a homebody and one wants to run all the time, or they look cute together!  If a candidate says -- I absolutely do not want this or that --- then for goodness sake --- don't pair them with a person who has this or that quality!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @AngelPuppy1 , but then there wouldn't be drama thus better ratings.  I enjoyed watching the couples that didn't have big conflicts.  Chris and Paige were quickly a fast forward segment for me.  I was sick of the same dialogue in the same sick voices week after week.  

And yes, there needs to be more common ground.....pets, kids, allergies, spending, belief systems, all that.  I guess if people lie about these things, it would be hard to get it right. 

I think the 3 couples that chose to stay together will end up making it.  It may be rough and challenging, but they have a good chance.  The first year of marriage is tough enough when you go into it with someone you know and love.  I can't imagine what this would be like.  I know that I could never do it. 

Bring on Houston!  Does that start this week? 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

These experts constantly disregard the serious requests from those seeking a match.

They have matched couples where one wants children and the other does not - how do they think that is going to work out?

They have matched twice now smokers with partners that make it abundantly clear they do not want to be matched with a smoker - what reputable matchmaker would do this - none, but the TV "experts" consistently do this.

They have matched a man that said he wanted his partner to be shorter than him with a woman who was taller.  It just boggles my mind.  Why do they just disregard the wishes of the people they are trying to match?

They also disregard the pet question.  No one is going to give up their cat/dog so maybe, just maybe, the "experts" need to determine if someone owning a pet is a deal breaker.  Again, zero consideration is given to this question.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 Totally agree with you in regard to Jake and Haley. I couldn't stand the way this host  was giving her all this credit saying she was trying etc. He turned the bracelet issue around on Jake. And it was all her. Cold is what Dr. pepper called her! She was right!

Valued Contributor

@Houstonoilers Spot on about Haley, she is so disingenuous

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Sadly, that's true --- ratings are more important!  I'd never sign up for anything like that either!  I agree -- the first year of marriage is no piece of cake as it is!  I think the new season starts in July but not sure of the date. 

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers 

Totally agree with you on your comments!  If a person made it abundantly clear that they do not like or do not want something, then they need to pay attention and honor these things.  Lifestyles, pets, smoking, children, ages, religion, etc., are big things and not to be disregarded!  

Respected Contributor

MAFS was always my favorite show but this year I lost interest and did not even watch the finale.  I have not watched the couples from the past shows when they have shows about them. Once the show is over I don't want to watch them anymore,,,, just an update if they divorce.