Honored Contributor

Married at First Sight Fans- the Atlanta Season Finale

So I got through last night's Part Two by doing something else when Chris was on! I ALMOST believe the experts, but they're good actors too. I do believe deep down they care about these kids and the matches they condone set up!

Bringing past couples on to ask scripted questions was weird.

So that's it. We've seen all of Chris and Paige. The "reunion show" parts one and two aired. Right?

WAIT! Not so fast! Our favorite couples will be back for a post-reunion show next week. More secrets will be revealed! Gotta milk those ratings!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight Fans- the Atlanta Season Finale

It could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but my program guide shows a 'Couples' Cam' episode for next week, followed by one of those 'Unmachables' episodes that I don't watch.

I do like the Couples' Cam iteration of the show.

Honored Contributor

Oh, my goodness.  They wasted too much time on the Chris and Page thing!  Ridiculous!  It felt like they were pandering to a soap opera star when they were running after Chris!  Yuck.  He is a rude, crude, ignorant jerk! 

And they kept praising Page --- what?  She was just dumb for hanging around and believing his bologne.  

Regarding Jake and Hayley --- I think Jake has been getting a bad rap!  They were for the most part taking her side.  Except for the one doctor, I can't think of her name -- the older one.  She was saying - Hayley is cold.  And I think she was --- at least to Jake!  I think Hayley acted uppity to him.  And the thing about the bracelet --- they totally twisted that around!  They acted like he just wanted the bracelet back because of the money and I don't feel that was what he felt or meant at all!  I mean, he bought it for her as a nice gesture and she never even wore it or acknowledged it, or had it in the same state with her!  I think he was totally hurt because of the way she just disregarded his act of kindness.  I think anyone would feel this way!  I mean -- why shouldn't he want it back if she were going to act the way she did?  I think Jake is really cute and a nice guy.  She would be lucky to have him but I think she thought she was better than him!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Totally agree about Jake and Hayley.  Jake was portrayed in a totally negative light with all kinds of sympathy going toward Hayley.

I was astonished to hear her say she was the only one trying - exactly when and how was she trying.  I felt incredibly sad for him that he had to be with her (I'm assuming for contractual purposes).  It must be very ego bruising to have to try to establish something/anything with someone as negative as Hayley.  

The interviewer case aspersions on his manhood because apparently the sex didn't go well.  I guess I'm wondering why the sex didn't go well for Hayley for the past seven years as that is the amount of time she states she has not had any relationship in her life.

As to the bracelet, she said she was "annoyed" that he kept asking for he to return the braceletr.  Well, Hayley typically when things are this short lived in a marriage, marriage gifts are returned to sender.  In the case of broken engagements, the engagement ring is returned if the female broke it off.  I guess I'm wondering why in the world didn't Hayley simply return the bracelet to him.  She obviously didn't care for it so why do you make him keep asking you?  To me, its just one more example of her rudeness and self centeredness.  I have to wonder if she wanted the "bracelet issue" so that's why she never returned it without him having to prompt her.  I gather that Hayley likes a lot of attention.

Hayley is in her late twenties.  I'd be curious to see if she ever finds anyone to her specifications.  

Valued Contributor

I found this article about Haylely's answer where she threw Jake under the bus:

Married At First Sight Spoilers: Haley Throws Jake Under The Bus - Our Teen Trends

Valued Contributor

Re the Jake/Hayley article - I found the article to be right on concerning Hayley.  She did seem to relish tossing Jake under the bus with all her giggling and laughing.  Also agree with the article that probably Hayley was not God's gift to men in bed either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a poster on FB claiming to be a personal friend of Haley's and said we are not seeing her in the right light.  Supposedly, she nice, has had many bfs, just not serious.  Says that Jacob is the one mistreating her.

Well, I think Haley is a Mean Girl.  I think she's what I call nice nasty.  Smiling yet insulting you while she does it.  She always felt she had to be considered the winner in whatever she and Jacob were doing.  She mention the fact that Haley left the apartment at about 9am and would return just in time for the cameras and smile.  And shame on Kevin.  Hurray for Dr. Pepper.

I'm too disgusted with Chris and Paige to say anymore other than good riddance to both of them.  Hope they got paid well.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm with you all about the Jake and Haley situation.  He's seemed to be decent and trying.  She never seemed to try at all and just tosses out barbs at every opportunity, or that smirky chuckling thing.  Of course her friends are going to stand up for her.   I wouldn't stand up for somebody who is awful toward others, but some people will.  Heck, maybe they are just like her.   Never know. But we've seen quite a lot at this point and while he seems to be a nice guy, she never seems to have even tried.

I also agree that BraceletGate was not what was represented in some ways.  He wasn't trying to get it back but then when he mentioned not having ever seen her wear it, or even seeing it around, it she made it a 'thing' and contacted (whoever that was - her mother) and told that person to send it back to him.   She made that look like he was being a jerk when that did not seem to be the case.

Esteemed Contributor

How many times did Kevin ask Paige to explain how this season made her feel........TOO MANY!!  And all of the couples telling her what a saint she was for putting up with Chris......she was milking it, too.  Someone hit the nail on the head when they asked, why can't she find a dress that she doesn't have to spend the whole time holding it together so she doesn't fall out?"  

Yes, Haley is a mean girl.  That look on her face and poor Jacob.  I really felt for him having to be there.  

I think Virginia lied about saying she never said she would sleep on her guy friends couch as a married woman.  I don't remember it that way.  Oh well, it looks like they are happy.  

I think that Baby Huey is growing up a bit and that they have a good chance of making it.  The same with Clara and Ryan,,,,,must be she likes that mustache.....YIKES!

This reunion finale could have been done in one episode.  The questions from past couples was lame to say the least.  I am sure they were happy to do it though.......cha ching.

Well, people, are we up for Houston?  

@Mmsfoxxie  @Houstonoilers  @AngelPuppy1  @shaggygirl @beach-mom 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Well, @tends2dogs, I don't know if I'll watch the whole season of 13 but I'll at least watch one episode.  This was my first season of watching.  I binge watched a season of Love Is Blind a couple of seasons ago and never watched again.  As you said, ( or @chickenbutt) you have to look at it as a soap opera and remember it's scripted rather then real life.  But it's so easy to forget that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)