Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight ---- Australia

@tends2dogs 

I still can't bring myself to watch it. It's just sitting there in the DVR waiting for me, tempting me, calling to me, but I'm fighting it off. 

Honored Contributor

I tried to watch this Thursday night but it was way too cartoonish.  That woman having a coronary over an accidental touching of a leg??  The screaming was too much for me and it exited about 15 minutes into it.  She even grabs the woman's shirt with her fist.  Who has the most testosterone, her or her husband?  I t ridiculous and definitely highly scripted, more so than the American version.I've got time to waste but not on that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs Good post!  Agree!  So, once again I found myself going on the internet to find out how much money these people get.

I've done this before and most say they receive very little and they definitely don't do the show to get rich.

However, I think they do it for the exposure for whatever they're doing on the internet.

I'm constantly questioning my choices when it comes to watching TV shows!?!

Maybe it makes me feel better about myself because I absolutely know there is no way I'd have ever done that show (even when I was skinier and way younger).

I almost spit out my water when Chris' ex-fiance was on camera.  She is absolutely beautiful.

My thoughts on that entire segment is that she (the ex) also wants exposure. 

Yea!  Everyone wins....(looking stupid I mean).  Come on!  Who would show up to be shown up (do ya like that play on words)...

Anyway I know the Australian one was filmed a few years ago (if I remember right), I thought it said 2019.

The last thing I'd want family and friends to know is that I'm having s@x with someone I didn't have a relationship with....(who knows where this person has been with).

Honored Contributor

@pommom  I have trouble with any kind of accent these days.

Really bad because when I worked I worked with people from Australia, New Zealand, England and Canada (yes, there are several different words than we use even in Canada).

My boss used to tease me (he was a Lt Colonel) that I need to be careful what I was agreeing to.  Ha!  

Hey!  I was around 24-25 back then...but it's only gotten more difficult.

Honored Contributor

This last episode has really nailed it for me for sure.  Ines and Sam and Elizabeth and Bronsen have left.  They bring in 2 new couples who seem rather normal.  At this point anyway.  Then all of a sudden -- sort of out of nowhere --- Jess goes beserk and decides SHE wants a tasty meal -- not a snack --- when she see the new guy --- the dark haired one! She and Martha seem to be having a real giggle over that!  Then, suddenly Jess sets her sights on Nick and has a little meeting with him.  That goes south, so at the dinner table she goes after the new dark haired man ---- very blatantly --- nearly taking the top of her dress off! Oh, c'mon --- this all has to be scripted!  It's now just like a soap opera.  Nothing real about any of this..... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally gave in and watched my recording. How quickly Jess slid into the role formerly occupied by Ines. So quickly that it's blatantly obvious now that they each have an assigned role to play. And when one bows out, another one steps in. Yep, Jess who got ticked off because her hubby let the cat out of the bag that they'd done the deed....as if she wanted everyone to think she was virginal.....has suddenly become a s** crazed siren. 

Well maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration (the s** crazed siren part) but y'all get my meaning no doubt. Becoming a hot man seeker is probably a better way of putting it.

By the way, if she was going to suddenly become attracted to someone else's husband Nick doesn't look to me to be the type women fall all over so they chose the wrong one to fill that role. On the other hand, maybe they thought that compared to the one she's married to...........! But the new guy? Now that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

One thing that probably only bothers me, due to hearing challenges and tinnitis, is that they often play their drama music louder than the dialogue and I cannot hear half of what people say.   I especially see this during the dinner parties and the commitment ceremonies.   I wish I could separate the sounds out and eliminate the music,  

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

One thing that probably only bothers me, due to hearing challenges and tinnitis, is that they often play their drama music louder than the dialogue and I cannot hear half of what people say.   I especially see this during the dinner parties and the commitment ceremonies.   I wish I could separate the sounds out and eliminate the music,  

@chickenbutt 

Even if you didn't have the hearing challenges and tinnitis you might find it difficult at times. I have neither issue and for most of the show have to keep the closed captioning on. If I try shutting it off before very long I wind up rewinding and putting it back on as I didn't catch what was being said.  I never thought about drama music though, just assumed it was their accents so will have to pay more attention next time as to whether the music conributes to the difficulty. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Even if you didn't have the hearing challenges and tinnitis you might find it difficult at times. I have neither issue and for most of the show have to keep the closed captioning on. If I try shutting it off before very long I wind up rewinding and putting it back on as I didn't catch what was being said.  I never thought about drama music though, just assumed it was their accents so will have to pay more attention next time as to whether the music conributes to the difficulty. 

I think one of the things, outside of the 'going deaf' part, that makes it difficult with tinnitis is that I can only (somewhat) hear two things at a time - the sounds in my head and one other thing.  So, when there is dialogue and music, and whatever else, it just gets too much and I don't hear any of it.  Except, of course, the damnable sounds in my head.  That is usually somewhere between kind of loud and LOUD.

I wonder, with most shows, why the dramatic music in the 'background' is really that necessary.  Maybe before I die they will make a tv where you can separate the music so you can delete and just hear the dialogue.

While  I'm at it, one good thing in the last year or so since shows that usually have live audiences are without an audience.  I don't like live audiences, either, because they drown out a lot of the talking for me.

Ok, no more rant.  Back to the subject at hand.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Jess was also the one that told Martha about Nick so was she trying to start a tiff between Nick and his wife.  But she came off as the innocent one and let Martha take the blame but remained friendly with both wives.  But  here she is looking at the new guy and setting a trap for Nick besides.  I guess this stuff is from the show trying to make it interesting so everyone continues to tune in to see what is happening next. 

I like the red headed wife and her husband the best as they seem to get along so well.  I think she has movie star looks,