Esteemed Contributor

Married at First Sight ---- Australia

Caught this while channel surfing a couple of nights ago and watched the 2 episodes being shown. I hope this is going to be on regularly. I didn't pay attention to what channel, gotta do some googling. But the couples were imo far more interesting and the show moved along at a better clip than the US version. Who knows if it will be regularly scheduled and stay as good to watch as those 2 episodes I saw but here's hoping!

Respected Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight ---- Australia

Found it interesting, but I couldn't understand half of what they were saying.  Thick Australian accent.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Caught this while channel surfing a couple of nights ago and watched the 2 episodes being shown. I hope this is going to be on regularly. I didn't pay attention to what channel, gotta do some googling. But the couples were imo far more interesting and the show moved along at a better clip than the US version. Who knows if it will be regularly scheduled and stay as good to watch as those 2 episodes I saw but here's hoping!

It's on Lifetime.

My opinion, they're even more of a hot mess than the Americans!

Esteemed Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Found it interesting, but I couldn't understand half of what they were saying.  Thick Australian accent.

@pommom 

I turned on closed captioning. lol

Many of the shows I like I dvr to fast forward through the ads but I find more and more I have to rewind a bit and turn on closed captioning. And I'm talking about American shows. Are people mumbling more and more or are my ears going bad..that's what I ask myself.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I really do agree with you.  Am looking forward to more in this series.so hope it will continue to be aired.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised that my dvr didn't pick this up, since it has the same title and on the same network.  But I reset it to record and do find it interesting in a different sort of way.  There is at least one "older" couple and some with children which I had hoped for in the American version.  I'm loving seeing the different landscapes and scenery as well!

Respected Contributor

I have been watching it.  I read online that they are not really married like in the US that it is more of a commitment ceremony so they don't have to get a divorce.  Also some have children and don't know that their partner has children until after the ceremony.  That is crazy to me.   They really don't seem to try very hard to make it work.  I think a lot quit very early on.  I looked online to see if they have any success stories and it seems like there are very few.  Lot less than in US.

Trusted Contributor

It looks like most of the couples get along.  I think that Hayley is a mismatch for her husband and that is too bad.  She seems to want to make it work. The couple that is young and the woman has long blond hair seem to be the best when it comes to being matched.  They are cute together. 

Honored Contributor

@miata1 

i missed last 15 min...did anyone else decide "not" to stay?

tySmiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Spoiler
Nope!  Smiley Happy