Trusted Contributor

I think right now the only couple that is getting along great are Jessica and Austin. They are the same in a lot of ways and different in other ways so they complement each other. It was easy from the first day for them to get along. The other matches are not so good. Katie & Derek may have a chance but they are too young I think or it may be the way they are being portrayed and they are getting along better than we think so they want to surprise us when it all works out.  Time will tell.  The other couples won't work at all. I like Meka and Mindy who are both lovely young women and the guys are a mystery to figure out.  Poor Mindy has to listen to these conversations with him of the reasons he is having a problem and he just goes round and round with no answer at all.  Meka says things the way it is and is mature beyond her years. On paper, Michael comes up as a great catch but Meka is not satisfied with his answers and info he hides on her and I can't blame her, she deserves better. He will be sorry one day that he lost out on her.  Zach should not have been put on the show, I guess they just liked his looks but it was unfair for Mindy.  Taylor and Brendan are a poor match and they should not have been on in the first place. She wants notariety.

Valued Contributor

Re: Married At First Sight

[ Edited ]

I dvr'd it and haven't seen yet, but can't wait.

I saw preview and looks like maybe there are

a couple of Meltdowns on thereSmiley Surprised

Usually only do the Peoples Couch for show, but want

to watch this one!

Respected Contributor

I won't go into detail for those who have yet to watch but something is seriously off with Michael.  Meka should not have to put up with him for another hour, imo, and the professionals ought to be able to see that instead of encouraging her to stick it out with him and any effort he can make to do better.

A normal well adjusted person does not do what he did.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think one of the problems is that some of these people are recruited from dating apps because maybe they can't find enough people from their interview application process. I know that Taylor was, apparently, a last minute (not vetted) substitute for Brandon because the woman they matched him with dropped out. I think there were a few others, too, and I would not be surprised if Michael was also recruited. I am pretty sure Zach was.

This season is the worst ever (although I have said that the last few) and I think this dumb concept has run its course. I hope they don't do 5 couples again or 2-hour shows. 

I think that beause Austin and Jessica seem to do most of their talking and interacting off screen, we just see the calm and happy couple they are. I hope they stay together. They are the only ones with any chance at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I won't go into detail for those who have yet to watch but something is seriously off with Michael.  Meka should not have to put up with him for another hour, imo, and the professionals ought to be able to see that instead of encouraging her to stick it out with him and any effort he can make to do better.

A normal well adjusted person does not do what he did.

I haven't watched last night's show yet but the experts are just awful.  The takeaway from this show is women, listen up.  If the man is mean to you, hurtful to you, no matter what, you just suck it up and keep working at it because marriage is hard work.  And yes, marriage is work, but nobody should have to put up with the Zachs, Michaels, Lukes.  Just not a healthy relationshiop, period.  Talk about killing your self-esteem. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to make comments about this weeks show so if you haven't watched it, please don't read.

Red flags Meka!  Michaels has serious issues and they seem to stem from being adopted.....at least that is the reason he keeps dropping to the "experts".  No one would listen to Meka when she said he kept lying.  I think they believe her now.  

I am glad that Brandon called it quits.  Yes, he has a terrible temper.  Perhaps she was taping him more than that one time in bed sleeping and then posting it on IG.  The whole phone thing is hard to understand if you aren't from that generation, I guess.  I find it so rude that in the middle of meals and conversations most of them are looking at their phones.  I saw a different Taylor in this episode.  The night Brandon left, she comes home at 10 in the morning with a party dress?  Where had she been?  Her poor dog!  She really has her friends fooled, too.

The experts are anything, but expert.  I could not believe Dr. Pepper saying to Brandon when he said he was done, "Do you know how many people wanted to be on this show and have this chance?"  Is he suppose to stay because of that?  He just said, I know, I am sorry.  I would have said "then you should have done a better job of matching"!  

This is not a successful season at all.  Perhaps it is time to give it up or get new "experts". LOL

Austin and Jessica are the only good match they made.  I am happy for them.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

I am going to make comments about this weeks show so if you haven't watched it, please don't read.

Red flags Meka!  Michaels has serious issues and they seem to stem from being adopted.....at least that is the reason he keeps dropping to the "experts".  No one would listen to Meka when she said he kept lying.  I think they believe her now.  

I am glad that Brandon called it quits.  Yes, he has a terrible temper.  Perhaps she was taping him more than that one time in bed sleeping and then posting it on IG.  The whole phone thing is hard to understand if you aren't from that generation, I guess.  I find it so rude that in the middle of meals and conversations most of them are looking at their phones.  I saw a different Taylor in this episode.  The night Brandon left, she comes home at 10 in the morning with a party dress?  Where had she been?  Her poor dog!  She really has her friends fooled, too.

The experts are anything, but expert.  I could not believe Dr. Pepper saying to Brandon when he said he was done, "Do you know how many people wanted to be on this show and have this chance?"  Is he suppose to stay because of that?  He just said, I know, I am sorry.  I would have said "then you should have done a better job of matching"!  

This is not a successful season at all.  Perhaps it is time to give it up or get new "experts". LOL

Austin and Jessica are the only good match they made.  I am happy for them.

@tends2dogs  Brandon & Taylor were an awful match,  He's very private and she's all over social media. What made the experts think this would work? 

I agree that Jessica and Austin are the real deal! Maybe Derek and Katie too.

.Zach and Mindy- he's not taking this seriously and Mindy is accepting his actions, I think he's 'talking' to one of her friends actually! Meka and Michael- completley oil and water.  I can't believe all the 'alternative facts' he expresses- and is surprised when she doesn't trust him!

I think 5 couples is too many for the experts to 'scientifically match'!!! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 I got that same impression when they gave the previews for next week.  Zach is talking to one of Mindy's friends and he is calling her out for not being honest with him.  The only thing I can think of is that in the episode where Mindy is telling her sister she is going to do the show, it is mentioned that Mindy just lost a baby.....a miscarriage?  

Does anyone else remember this?  This might be what he is talking about.  If this is the case, I can't believe the "experts" would accept someone for this show if something like this had just happened.

Also, am I the only one that is a bit put off by watching Meka work food around her braces.  I wonder if that is on the questionaire for prospective spouses LOL.  It would be a big NO for me.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!