Trusted Contributor

Anyone watch Married At First Sight Weds?

Valued Contributor

I only watch their version of Pillow Talk   The reg show is too

long usually.

Monke~

Respected Contributor

Yes, DH and I have been watching since the first season and have seen the change of many of the pros, though Dr. Pepper is the only constant on.

Out of the 5 couples, the only one we see possibly making it is Jessica and Austin.  Not sure about Katy/Derek.

After the episode this week with Taylor/Brandon, IMO, both of their antics will be the cause for a divorce.  The video she posted was totally out of line.

Mindy/Zach - even Zach's own sister tried to tell him he was wrong in his thinking.  I have no hopes for Meka/Michael either.

Off topic, has anyone watch the new show called "Brides and Prejudice" (another Pastor Cal show)?  3 couples on it and it should be interesting.

Super Contributor

This has been a really sad season for all the couples. First Brandon and his wife split. He loves the camera and loves talking to it but doesn't talk to her. The worst is Zach and Poor Mindy would has been humiliated time and time again by him saying I'm not attracted to you and won't even live with her and her parents wouldn't even come to the wedding because they thought she was crazy for marrying  a stranger on tv. And now the gossip is that Michael and MEKA split too.

Trusted Contributor

@HisElk  You are spot on. I totally agree with you on all counts.  I think Jessica and Austin will make it and are a cute couple.  Don't know about the others though. Definitely Zach and Minday won't. I think he's only in this to further his career.  I used to like Taylor but now she is as bad as Brandon. If Brandon doesn't like the cameras filming him all  the time why did he get on the show? On reality shows you are filmed all the time. His behavior is also inexcusable.  Taylor never should have posted that IG post.  Saying she's going to be single forever when she's married and then says it has nothing to do with Brandon and it was supposed to be funny. I saw nothing funny in that.  Michael and Meka, no way. She's too controlling, he's too introverted.  Katie and Derek might possibly make it I don't know. Time will tell.  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Anyone watch Married At First Sight Weds?

@LuvmyLab - There is also a discussion about MAFS in this thread. It might be interesting to get some more thoughts about the show! Smiley Happy

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/Last-night-s-MAFS-anyone/td-p/6020176

Respected Contributor

I don't watch the show that often but read an article the other day stating that Michael and Meka had filed for an annulment. Both are giving their versions of why the marriage failed after attempts to make it work. 

Esteemed Contributor

yes.....zach is the worst! austin and the girl (forgot name) are darling together.

Honored Contributor

I've watched all seasons.  This season -- wow --- I don't have real hope for any of the couples except maybe Jessica & Austin.  Althohgh -- I think Jessica is kind of bossy and controlling, so this might be an issue.  

Mindy and Zack --- a train wreck for sure.  Poor Mindy --- she seems like such a great person --- kind, smart, talented, pretty.  And him ---- a showboat --- he talks and talks -- and never says one thing which makes sense!  And not even moving in to the apartment??  I don't know how she remains calm -- I would have just said --- that's it --- I'm not wasting any more time --- I'm done!  

Michael and Meka--- I think she truly wants to understand him and make it work.  He has some serious issues.  It's like he resents having to share details of his life, whether it be work, or whatever.  He is married but he doesn't feel he should have to discuss any personal matters with her.  It's like pulling teeth.  

Katie and Derek --- He seems very immature.  I think one problem is, he just doesn't know how to articulate and he doesn't express himself properly -- sort of like no filter. Katie has caused problems right from the beginning by having these unresolved issues with her last relationship and letting these be known -- then she wonders why it seems that Derek doesn't really want to fully open himself up.  Well, why would he???

Taylor and Brandon -- He started off so badly.  Oh, my --- the cursing and acting out he says because of the cameras.  Is this really the reason???  If so, as was said, you knew when you signed up, your life would be totally filed for the time period of the show.  I don't blame Taylor for feeling upset, frustrated, angry and disrespected.  However, after they all talked and it was decided to try and put it aside and start over -- it did not seem that she could or would put it aside.  Then, she put that post up on social media - stating that she was single and saying all that stuff about requirements for a man.  Then she tries to act like it was a joke?   Really??? And that it had nothing to do with him?? Really??  Oh, c'mon.  It had everything to do with him!  And --- no-one called her out on it!  That was wrong!  No wonder he was upset---no wonder he left.  I would have left, too!  He said that she had made comments that she had other offers or was trying to get on other reality shows such as Temptation Island, etc. for MAFS, and he felt her being on this show was all for more publicity for her and her love of social media!  

Well, good luck to all -- I think they need it! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

This season went into the ditch fast.  Brandon and Taylor really did not try at all.  Mindy and Zach no hope from the honeymoon.  If one person is the only one committed and trying it is doomed.  Katy and Derrick both seem so immature, like teenagers.  Meka seems to try but again it takes two.  Austin and his wife seem adorable but the income difference and the fact that he is so carefree may wear on his wife.  I know for a fact that if you are put in the position of being the grownup of the two, you start looking at the spouse as more of a responsibility than a husband.