Honored Contributor

Marriage Boot Camp Reality Camp

It seems like every time I'm clicking through the channels this show is on one episode or another (or they're running it for hours).

I'm usually drawn in (it's like watching a train wreck). I can't help it, Heidi andSpencer are my favorites because he's such a pill. She wants a baby and he doesn't. However, I have to hand it to him because in a moment of truth he yells, "You want a baby and I don't even have a job"! (I think I've seen that 2 or 3 times), I told you it's always on!

It is interesting to watch the interaction between the couples. Most of them I don't even know who they are. I've never even seen them on TV and they're all supposed to be "Reality stars" (one from each cople is).

Has anyone else seen this? It's overly dramatic, but I think it would make married couples think a little about their marriage. Their problems are similar (in many ways) to everyone.

I don't watch much reality TV, maybe that's why I don't know these people.

Anyone watch this show?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Marriage Boot Camp Reality Camp

Annabelle... I watch this show because I like the methods of the Carrolls, Jim and Elizabeth. I don't know the people involved before they come on the show.... so I have no preconceived ideas. I am hoping that Rachel leaves Tyson.... IMO he uses her. I believe she has low self esteem.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching it now and just saw where Tyson threw a fit saying Rachale stays out until 2:00AM and he's home waiting.

They haven't re-addressed that again yet. I'm not so sure they should be together. I don't think things are always what they seem.

I was married for 38 years when my husband suddenly dropped dead. I'm very knowledgable about my two daughter's marriages.

Marriage takes unbelievable work. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. People tend to confide in me. My friends and neighbors, strangers. I think because I give a little of myself.

What it boils down to is do you want to be married or not? My 34 year old daughter has many friends who are already divorced and some have even remarried and some are one their way to getting married again!

It's downright crazy!

Trusted Contributor

Annabelle.... I am a retired professional who watches with a trained eye.... I have watched every episode of this group.... each couple has its own dynamics.... however, when you hear about Rachel and Tyson.... I would not only stay out all night, but I would move out....that is, if I were Rachel.... she wants the ring and the ceremony.... but the relationship is so one sided, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it .... what network is it on?

Trusted Contributor

Tinkrbl.... I get it on the WE channel.... I have directv.... HTH

Honored Contributor

I have Comcast and I just looked. It looks like on Comcast it appears on WE.

I don't know why in the world this young woman would want to marry Tyson. He seems like someone who is emotionally dead inside.

I think it's a matter of self-esteem. This young woman needs to have someone say to her, "You have so much to offer someone who will appreciate the wonderful woman you are". Things like that. She needs to have her self-esteem lifted so she can see you can't make someone care.

My guess is that she realizes all of this but is too afraid to walk away. There are many women who try to hold on to something because they're afraid of being alone.

Honored Contributor

Saw a bunch of these this morning. Holy smokes!!