Esteemed Contributor

Re: Marlo Thomas on Dr. Oz Show 12-5

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wish I hadn't missed that one.  I love her!

Not much a fan of Oz, but I will watch at least part of a show if his guest is somebody I like.

Yesterday was Kathy Bates and that was enjoyable.  She looks truly awesome!   I didn't know about her cancer story.   I'm a huge fan.  She is one of the best actors, in the 'Meryl Streep' category, for me.

Kathy Bates had cancer?  Did not know that.  What kind?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair

I love hearing this! Those sweet babies need somewhere to go for treatment where people will be extra gentle and kind.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I donate to St. Jude's as well. They have done wonderful things. My grandson had cancer when he was 5 yrs old, and although he did not go to St. Jude's, the expert care  was remarkable. He us now 10 yrs old and cancer free and very healthy, but I will never forget what he and all of those kids go through! 

Honored Contributor

Kathy Bates had breast cancer.   

She told a kind of funny story about shooting a scene, from an unusual angle, and her breast got in the way of the shot.  

So she said (something like) 'no problem.  I can take that out'.  So she took it out and they got the shot.  Smiley Happy    Love her sense of humor.  She's just a treasure.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Kathy Bates had breast cancer.   

She told a kind of funny story about shooting a scene, from an unusual angle, and her breast got in the way of the shot.  

So she said (something like) 'no problem.  I can take that out'.  So she took it out and they got the shot.  Smiley Happy    Love her sense of humor.  She's just a treasure.

Thanks for the info.  I love her too -- terrific actress.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

She and her father have done wonderful things at St. Jude.  I remember when she was on Phil Donahue before they married and how they flirted with each other. 

@hoosieroriginal

I remember that show!     They were so cute together!

Image result for marlo thomas on phil donahue show

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

She and her father have done wonderful things at St. Jude.  I remember when she was on Phil Donahue before they married and how they flirted with each other. 

@hoosieroriginal

I remember that show!     They were so cute together!

@Tinkrbl44 - they're still married - although I haven't seen him for some time.  Good match!

Trusted Contributor

When I was down to see Graceland one of the number one things on my to do list was to visit St. Jude's Childrens Hospital.

He is my Patron Saint.  It was a wonderful experience for me.  One little boy (a patient) was walking around down in the visitors area.  He was obviously going under treatment.  He was the most adorable, cheerful and sociable little guy you'd ever want to meet.  He took me on a tour.  What a sweetheart---I wanted to take him home.

Jamma