Honored Contributor

Marlene Dietrich

[ Edited ]

Star of the Month on TCM.  Love her in Destry Rides Again, Witness for the Prosecution, Stage Fright, etc.  Also read a bio of her.   Very interesting, unique individual.  All you fans, enjoy!!

Also forgot to mention A Foreign Affair, another of my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago, I went to a fashion showing, in Paris, of her costumes in many movies. The outfits were beautiful and Ms Dietrich certainly had a great figure, I admire her rejecting what was happening in Germany, staying away from their poisonous rhetoric.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing this! She is one of my favorites - a love I inherited from my father. I remember watching her in Morocco in my college film class. One of my early screen names was The Blue Angel.

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone happen to catch Manpower yesterday? I never even knew of that movie before! I was able to watch most of it. MD, Edward G. Robinson, George Raft, and a host of other great actors.

So funny in spots, though it was a serious story.

Honored Contributor

She was fantastic in Witness for the Prosecution.  My favorite film of hers by far.

Honored Contributor

Boy, @kaydee50,  such a fascinating, complex personality.  Hitchcock used her so well in "Stage Fright".  She was perfect as the vain, personally corrupt but charming actress capable of beguiling a young man and keeping many pots on the boil...

She had a small part in Orson Welles' masterwork "A Touch of Evil" too--  a small part but most effective.

And nobody has ever sung "Lili Marleen" in quite the same way...

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

She was fantastic in Witness for the Prosecution.  My favorite film of hers by far.

ITA!!!, she carried the film with her air of mystery.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

ITA!!!, she carried the film with her air of mystery.

@Shelbelle  And she made us loathe her so much.  It takes quite a woman to fool Sir Wilfred!  Smiley Happy  I'm glad you agreed with my post above. Smiley Happy