Respected Contributor

Re: Markle's Ex Husband Making TV Comedy About An Ex Who Marries A Prince & Joint Custody

@TY wrote:

I like Megan Markle and she like many including the royals have been married more than once. It's not surprising that the black sheep relatives come out of the woodwork when they sense there's money to be made. She's done nothing wrong.

you can't pick your relatives - she chose this guy.  not holding it against her, but it does speak to her judgment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Markle's Ex Husband Making TV Comedy About An Ex Who Marries A Prince & Joint Custody

@OfCourse wrote:

Ms. Markle didn't leave her ex for Harry.  It sounds to me as if he's trying to make money off of his ex-wife.

Isn't this known as "Striking while the iron is hot"?

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@TY wrote:

I like Megan Markle and she like many including the royals have been married more than once. It's not surprising that the black sheep relatives come out of the woodwork when they sense there's money to be made. She's done nothing wrong.

you can't pick your relatives - she chose this guy.  not holding it against her, but it does speak to her judgment.

That's why he's her EX!!!!!!!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

She married a man who is no gentleman then, after only two years of marriage, got divorced. She makes money from performing sudo love/sx scenes for millions to enjoy. She has given interviews about her involvement with Harry, again for cash. I don't doubt there is more questionable behavior as yet to be made public.

She seems an opportunist to me.

@occasionalrain Did you mean PSEUDO? Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

People need to get a life and leave this couple alone. It's not as if Harry hasn't had his ups and downs in relationships as well as bad decisions, probably more egregious than her having a failed marriage.  So she's an actress. Does that make her instantly a horrible person? Or is it the fact that she's biracial, which the prejudiced among the Brit population seems to be "concerned" with. Harry will never be King, so the public can rest assured their class distinctions will be lodged firmly in their overblown sense of tradition and privilege.  Perhaps Harry, like Edward, will be allowed to have a semi normal life. I think the only obstacle will be for an American to try to adjust to the protocol, pomp, and circumstance of being controlled somewhat by royal modus operandi. If they can find enduring love against that backdrop, more power to them.

Honored Contributor

I think maybe things are getting off point.  I don't see this as if the couple are right for each other or anything about the couple.  

I see it as this ex-husband is a jerk...period.  I worked with several Brits, Aussies, etc. for a few years at the Pentagon.

I never understood the relationship between the British and the Royals.  But then I'm not British.  So if the British people don't care for her because she's this or that, so be it.

I think the fact that her husband and other producers are taking advantage of the past stinks, but there are a lot of things in life that stinks that are way.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wonder, as I read the threads about people who have recognizable names, how so many people in this forum know these people personally ? LOL.......

Everyone has definitive knowledge of motives, sex lives, intent , morals,

preferences, etc. of whomever the subject is so they MUST be "besties"

right ?

Honored Contributor

Any thread started about any member (or prospective member) of the Royal Family on these forums becomes a magnet for trash-n-bash the Royals and/or the institution of the British monarchy. I don't mean that they are started for that purpose (usually not), but that is how they turn out. At this point, I almost don't have to look into a thread about them, I can tell how it'll go by the title.

I think a lot of Americans like to robo-repeat that all Brits are stuffy snobs, they're concerned with things freedom-loving, wild clever & adventurous Americans would never let bother them - and double that if you're speaking of the RF.

This is 50-75 year old news as far as the monarchy and just isn't true any more to the extent it was when the Queen Mother and the Queen were born. I don't feel that MM being biracial would bother the British any more than it still bothers many Americans. I think the biggest strike against her, as far as the British are concerned, is that she's American and an actress - and those two reasons are a toss-up in importance.

And I really doubt they give a large rodent's hindquarters what any American thinks about anything in their country; gotta admire them for that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I've never seen anyone say they know the royals or anyone connected to the royals.

I think there are people here who live in the LA area or New York City and know of or come in contact with people that some of us will never know.

I don't see people bragging about those they know (i.e. famous or influential people); but I do think some do know them.

I did work with Lt Commanders from England, Australia and New Zealand and Canada.  Some of them had their secretaries that worked in the office and they were from their Embassys.  We'd have conversations about the Royals and (if anything) they helped me understand that many Americans don't understand how the Brits feel about them.

I think you can know people who know people (that kind of thing) and comment on what they know or hear.

For instance my daughter works and travels with a woman who's son is a stunt man.  She told my daughter things her son has told her about famous movie stars.  It's interesting.

So, there you go.  If that's what the poster is referring to about people commenting on things; well we are all here to voice our opinion and I, personally like hearing it.

Respected Contributor

If the show is well written and funny I will watch it.  I really don't give a flip about Megan Markle or Prince Harry.  I cannot believe in this day and time England is supporting princes, princesses and castles.