Honored Contributor

Markle's Ex Husband Making TV Comedy About An Ex Who Marries A Prince & Joint Custody

[ Edited ]

This is the epitome of bad taste.  I've read on different sources today that Meghan Markle's ex husband, to whom she was married for two years and had with whom she had no children, is making a sitcom for Fox about a woman who leaves her huband for a British prince and they have to share joint custody of a son.    Apparently this came about when her producer ex was talking to a TV exec and said at least he and Meghan hadn't had children.  Eureka! A sitcom is born.

How awful of this guy.  It sounds very spiteful to me.

Sources: Daily Mail, Us Weekly, Deadline and Vulture

Honored Contributor

Re: Markle's Ex Husband Making TV Comedy About An Ex Who Marries A Prince & Joint Custody

It shouldn't come as a surprise. Most TV shows are lacking in good taste. Markel is going to be an ongoing embarrassment for Harry and his family just as Sarah Ferguson was and she didn't carry the baggage Megan does.

Respected Contributor

Re: Markle's Ex Husband Making TV Comedy About An Ex Who Marries A Prince & Joint Custody

Well, there was Heartburn by Nora Ephron about her marriage to Carl Bernstein, who was having an affair (while expecting their second child), with British politician Margaret Jay.

So, nothing new here folks.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft  True enough, but this is a bit more egregious since the British family tries hard to be so "proper."  And they are much more famous than Bernstein and Ephron.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@RoughDraft  True enough, but this is a bit more egregious since the British family tries hard to be so "proper."  And they are much more famous than Bernstein and Ephron.

Perhaps so @Pearlee, but the key phrase here is "tries hard to be proper."  There have been much more modern day scandals coming out of that family and yet, they've survived.  

Just for laughs and as an aside, I was much more into Nora Ephron's works than those of the Royal family.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It shouldn't come as a surprise. Most TV shows are lacking in good taste. Markel is going to be an ongoing embarrassment for Harry and his family just as Sarah Ferguson was and she didn't carry the baggage Megan does.

Completely agree with you.  The Queen gets to choose who comes into the family.  I cannot believe she would allow this publicity seeking actress into the Royal family.  

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Completely agree with you.  The Queen gets to choose who comes into the family.  I cannot believe she would allow this publicity seeking actress into the Royal family.  

Perhaps she just wants her grandson to be happy as he seems to be with Markle, esp. after the tragedy in his life losing his mum so young.

Perhaps too she saw how miserble her sister Margaret was, not being able to marry the man she loved.

Either or both would be good reasons for her to allow Markle into the royal family.  I'm sure she would not want to be seen as racist either because if she denied Harry's request to marry Markle, surely there would follow much media speculating Markle's biracial background as the reason.  

Harry - at age 33 -is old enough to make his own mistakes if this marriage turns out to be one (and I think it will - because Markle wil not like the restraints she will undoubtedly be subject too - she is independent and strong-willed and has a mind of her own).   The Queen's children made their own mistakes in marriage too and so be it.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they learned something from Charles and Diana's debacle of a marriage. Let Harry be happy, he won't be king, so let him be.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm quite puzzled as to what baggage this young lady carries! is it being divorced? An actor? Biracial? What??????? 

The British Royal family is the epitome of class and grace? They have many more skeletons in their closets than any regular family that I know of! I don't dislike them but they are nothing special except for knowing their lineage from hundreds of years ago when they were appointed Royal!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

She married a man who is no gentleman then, after only two years of marriage, got divorced. She makes money from performing sudo love/sx scenes for millions to enjoy. She has given interviews about her involvement with Harry, again for cash. I don't doubt there is more questionable behavior as yet to be made public.

She seems an opportunist to me.