Honored Contributor

Re: Mariska Hargitay Actress

I think Mariska looks exactly like her Moither.  She said on a talk show that she was looking for her Mother or something similar, then she looked in the mirror and said, "she has been here all of the time" recognizing her resemblance.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I think Mariska looks exactly like her Moither.  She said on a talk show that she was looking for her Mother or something similar, then she looked in the mirror and said, "she has been here all of the time" recognizing her resemblance.

I also think she looks like her mother.  That's so touching that she said that when looking in the mirror.  I see my mother when I look in the mirror also.  It does'nt always make me happy when I see the aging.

Respected Contributor

I remember  tragic accident. oh it was sad and shocking. The photos were on the front page of one of the NYC newspapers.  (I remember when Marilyn died too. i was 5)  

i remember when her son was hurt by the lion

My goodness, how she kept her youthful figure after having 5 kids!  

Mansfield Family

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I don't know your age (I'm 75)  but I think most people around my age knew that.

Sometimes it blows my mind when I think of all of the things that happened in my lifetime.

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I don't know your age (I'm 75)  but I think most people around my age knew that.

Sometimes it blows my mind when I think of all of the things that happened in my lifetime.

Yeah, when's your book come out?  LOL.  A lot has gone on for sure.

Honored Contributor

I have always really liked Mariska, and have always thought she is so pretty! I really enjoy her on Law and Order SVU!!!! Her hubby Peter is very nice looking as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

I already knew that Mariska's mother was Jayne Mansfield, but I had no idea that Mariska was in the back seat of the fatal car.  Nor did I know about that "Mansfield bar." 

Enjoyed these posts!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

Another fact

This bar at the back of an 18 wheeler is called the Mansfield bar, to help others not meet the same fate

Mansfield Bar on truck | During the 1960s, the actress Jayne… | Flickr

@software  I'll check Google later about the Mansfield Bar because my frined who was 25 and her 2 year old daughter met the same fate about 22 years ago in Florida.  I'll check it when I get a chance to see when this came about.