Honored Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond doing a Publishers Clearing House Commercial

Tom Selleck must have gotten a ton of flack for his reverse mortgage commercials, because the latest version is two minutes of defending it.

Ice T is getting all kinds of hate for his car shield commercial.  He, on the other, could care less.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I seriously doubt that Marie isn't financially secure. She has had a strong work ethic and has worked tirelessly for decades.  She is blesssed with talent and has entertained millions over the years. 

@SeaMaiden sounds jealous and uninformed. Her post is tacky. 

Frequent Contributor

Why not do this ad for PCH? It's not tacky it's a job. How do any of us know Marie's financial situation? Millionare or not we don't know, don't judge. Besides, she has 11 kids she's had to raise. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I've never understood what people see in her. Tacky? Yep. Just like she was when she went on stage the night after her son committed suicide. No class. At. All.

Esteemed Contributor

Let's see, she was on the Q with that exercise bar for many years. Then on to Nutra Systems, and now Publishers Clearing House. I guess there is nothing Marie won't do for a paycheck.

Frequent Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SeaMaiden I've never understood what people see in her. Tacky? Yep. Just like she was when she went on stage the night after her son committed suicide. No class. At. All.

Judging is so easy isn't it? 

Frequent Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Let's see, she was on the Q with that exercise bar for many years. Then on to Nutra Systems, and now Publishers Clearing House. I guess there is nothing Marie won't do for a paycheck.

What's wrong with working? Are all of you so well off that work is not something you would consider? 

Trusted Contributor

It's a job for Marie and she made the choice wheather we like it or not....maybe her nutra system contract ended.....I so did not care for her screaming at me to loose weight commercials.....from what I hear she is hard to work with....jmo

Honored Contributor

She's following in the footsteps of the great Ed McMahon.  She could do worse.

Respected Contributor

@marchingalong123 wrote:

Why not do this ad for PCH? It's not tacky it's a job. How do any of us know Marie's financial situation? Millionare or not we don't know, don't judge. Besides, she has 11 kids she's had to raise. 

The number is 8 kids.  

How many critics here have a heart big enough to adopt 5 extra children and raise them?