Esteemed Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond Leaving The Talk

[ Edited ]

The only one I really like anymore is Carrie Ann.

I have been tuning in less and less. That is just rotten @Jordan2.

I am surprised with Sheryl but not Sharon. 

Then they discussed it on the first day back and lied and said that

it was Marie's choice to leave and all wished her well.

So terrible and two-faced.

Guess Sheryl is pretty rotten behind the scenes just like Mrs O. 

After they previously gave the boot to Leah and the other ladies,

now Marie gets axed.

Glad we know how they really are.

Hope the show does not last much longer.

Respected Contributor

I didn't feel that Marie fit in with those women.  They are too raunchy for her image.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Screenshot_20200929-220302.jpg

Regular Contributor

Can't stand Sh eryl and Sharon   Wish the producer told them. SEE YA, WE DON'T NEED YA.  Didn't something similar to this happen to Leah & Holly?  Oh well, hopefully this another talk show that bites the dust.

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just read in The New York Post Page Six, Marie didn't leave on her own accord, she was let go because Sheryl and Sharon went to the producer with an ultimatum, either Marie goes or we go! Carrie Ann tried to get the producer to keep Marie. Who are Sheryl and Sharon to have Marie fired, I don't watch the show, they certainly aren't the drawing cards. I would feel terrible if I was responsible for someone losing their job.

Esteemed Contributor

As I recall, back at the time it was said that Sharon was responsible for Leah and Holly getting fired.  I don't understand why she has pull.  Her entire claim to fame is being married to Ozzy and then doing their reality show.  She also left AGT because whoever, the station or whoever, I can't remember, wouldn't hire Kelly.  Who is famous because of her dad.   

Esteemed Contributor

Sharon's fame is one of those things I'll never be able to understand. She brings very little to the table and often has little insight into or understanding of the topics being discussed.

During the lockdown I was very impressed with Carrie Ann and Eve....and Brigitte would be a great addition.
Respected Contributor

Hmmm ..... Sharon Osbourne .....

I have no idea why she would have that kind of pull with the producers. I've read numerous times that Sharon is, um ..... how should I phrase this? ..... a "difficult" person to work with. I'm kind of surprised that she didn't push for her daughter Kelly to join the show.

While I'm not at all surprised about Sharon's involvement, I am surprised about Sheryl's. 

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Marie is busy enjoying road trips with her husband Stephen Craig

OUSTED Marie Osmond did not even watch the premiere of The Talk's latest season - because she was too busy enjoying an RV road trip across the US, The Sun has revealed.

The star didn't tune in to see her former co-hosts pay tribute to her leaving the show because "she has made a conscious effort to forget and move on", a source said.

Instead, the singer joined husband Stephen Craig on a road trip around the US in a luxury trailer - and the show "has been the last thing on her mind".

The couple apparently got the RV bug when taking daughter Abigail to college from their Utah home.

The source told The Sun: "Marie did not skip a beat thinking about the show coming back, because she and Steve have been on a late summer set of road trips and RV vacations around the US. They took their daughter to college by RV as a fun family bonding adventure, rather than flying, and got the road bug.

Since then, they have been hitting the highways visiting fun places and tourist spots in the Rocky Mountains, northwestern and midwest America.

The Talk has been the last thing on Marie's mind. When she was let go, all the behind the scenes drama, was something she made a conscious effort to forget and move on.

On Monday, former co-host Sharon Osbourne told viewers she “hopes” Marie comes back on the show, despite the former co-host getting fired after one season.

While the hosts made their supportive comments about her departure, her friends feel that she is better off away from that studio.

"She will not badmouth her co-stars or the show, because she sees her season as a learning experience. It is not in her nature or strong Christian values to blow anything up in public. People forget she has gone through some tough times and much more challenging trials than this. Put simply - it is done."

And she has already been approached by another TV network for a program idea alongside her working on a new album and Las Vegas show.

Asked if she would accept Sharon's offer of being welcomed back on to the show, the source said: "You cannot rule it out. But I am not sure how that would go."

Sources told The Sun earlier this month that Marie felt like an “outsider” at the table.

Monday's Season 11 premiere on CBS saw the remaining four hosts – Sharon, Carrie Ann Inaba, Sheryl Underwood and Eve – talking about their summers and how happy they are to be back on the show.

After a few minutes of catching up with one another – Carrie Ann and Sheryl in-studio and Sharon and Eve virtually – the topic turned to Marie.

Carrie Ann told the audience at home: “We are truly, truly just so happy to be back in-studio. As you can see, though, Marie is not here. After being part of The Talk last season, Marie has moved on and is focusing on a number of personal and professional projects of her own.”

That’s when Sharon jumped in to add: “And you know what, I can’t wait – all of us can’t wait – to see her in her next project, and I hope she comes back on this show to talk about it.”

Her co-hosts clapped for that response, with Eve adding on an “absolutely, absolutely.”

Sources said Marie was “not surprised” to get the boot from the show because at times "it was four versus one" as Marie discussed the day's top topics with the others.

And there was a "sense she was never loved as much" as the woman she replaced, original show creator Sara Gilbert.

Respected Contributor

When Marie came on the Talk I thought now I will quit watching as I was not a fan of hers.  However I turned in out of curiosity and kept watching.  She changed my opinion of her.  I learned that she is not a judgemental goody two shoes or hypocrite.  She just tries to be the best she can and her faith is something she lives.  She did not come off as judgemental and told of her own struggles.  I knew almost right off that Sharon would not be happy with her.  Some of the exchanges were tense.  The one I dislike the most is Cheryl Underwood.  I don't find her to be funny at all.  She talks about her faith and then talks rauchy in the next sentence.  Since Sara left I have not enjoyed it that much.   I am bored with it right now.  I do like Brigette Nielson and one I cannot think of her name (her father was a beach boy).  I record it and fast forward through most of it. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, I had wondered if there was more to the story.  Usually is.  People don't usually just walk away from a high-paying tv job.

Trusted Contributor

On today's show, Sharon Osbourne brought up this topic. She said it's absolutely not true and that the hosts do not have power over personnel decisions. I believed her because when I watched the show especially during their covid at home shows, they all seemed to genuinely like and enjoy each other.