Esteemed Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond Leaving The Talk

I stopped watching The Talk when the virus came to town.

Marie didn't even stay on very long. I read some gossip where she and 

Mrs. O. didn't really hit it off. Don't know if it is true or not. 

I miss Aiesha and Sara. But this show has been on starting this fall

for 10 years. Wow, they had a good run. 

Don't know if I will watch it anymore. Hope they don't do substitutes for

a whole season or so.

This may be Carnie's 100th chance or so at getting a permanent seat at

the table.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I stopped watching The Talk when the virus came to town.

Marie didn't even stay on very long. I read some gossip where she and 

Mrs. O. didn't really hit it off. Don't know if it is true or not. 

I miss Aiesha and Sara. But this show has been on starting this fall

for 10 years. Wow, they had a good run. 

Don't know if I will watch it anymore. Hope they don't do substitutes for

a whole season or so.

This may be Carnie's 100th chance or so at getting a permanent seat at

the table.Woman Very Happy

@threecees   I also got a weird vibe between Sharon and Marie. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something off between them. I don't think Marie was very happy on the show - maybe that's why she was so withdrawn.

I wonder if all the talk shows, both daytime and nighttime, are struggling to find guests to appear on their shows. Celebrities only come on these shows to plug their new movie, TV show, or album. With everything still mostly shut down, or production just now starting up again, it must be difficult to find something to talk about.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Leah Remini was one of the original hosts when the show premiered in 2010. She was let go after the first season. I very much doubt she'll be asked back. 

Why Did Leah Remini Leave 'The Talk'? Get the Story!

This was when I started watching the show.  I really like Leah and Holly, so I stopped watching when they got the ax.   I came back a few times after that and watched but that one lady who took Leah's seat was really annoying so I left again.

As to this photo - who is the lady on the far right of the pic?   I don't remember her at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Marie always looked uncomfortable. She likes everything pretty mild. Crafts and cooking and uplifting topics. Same reason I quit watching. It became a contest of who could be the edgiest. It was never a good fit.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, yes!   Valerie Bertinelli!!

I'm enjoying her with Wendy Malik, Jane Leeves, Betty White, etc. on Hot in Cleveland re-runs each evening (GET TV).  

They have excellent surprise guest actors, too.   William Shatner, Regis, etc., etc. 

Edited:  And Valerie B. seems to be talkative, and well-liked by many.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt   That's Marissa Jaret Winokur.

She's an actress known for her Tony-winning performance as Tracy Turnblad in the Broadway musical Hairspray, an adaptation of John Waters's film, as well as her work on the Pamela Anderson sitcom Stacked. Some of her other TV credits include Curb Your Enthusiasm, Moesha, The Steve Harvey Show, Just Shoot Me!, Felicity, and Dharma & Greg.

She was a contestant on the popular reality competition series Dancing With the Stars and went on to host the similar Dance Your Ass Off. From 2010-2011 she served as a co-host on the daily daytime talk show The Talk, ultimately leaving to focus on her clothing line and a new cable TV show.

Here she is on Dancing With The Stars . . .

Marissa Jaret Winokur - "Dancing With The Stars" - CBS News

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@chickenbutt   That's Marissa Jaret Winokur.

She's an actress known for her Tony-winning performance as Tracy Turnblad in the Broadway musical Hairspray, an adaptation of John Waters's film, as well as her work on the Pamela Anderson sitcom Stacked. Some of her other TV credits include Curb Your Enthusiasm, Moesha, The Steve Harvey Show, Just Shoot Me!, Felicity, and Dharma & Greg.

She was a contestant on the popular reality competition series Dancing With the Stars and went on to host the similar Dance Your Ass Off. From 2010-2011 she served as a co-host on the daily daytime talk show The Talk, ultimately leaving to focus on her clothing line and a new cable TV show.

Here she is on Dancing With The Stars . . .

Marissa Jaret Winokur - "Dancing With The Stars" - CBS News

Thank You!  Oh my!  I know of her, especially from the Waters film but I would never have recognized her on that 'The Talk' pic.   

Oh wow, I watched Curb, Just Shoot Me, and Dharma & Greg but don't remember her from those.  That can be attributed to my memory loss at this point.  I liked her in the shows/movies I've seen, though.  If I'm not mistaken, she appears to have lost some weight.   

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I would assume that they'll still be using Zoom whenever the show returns with new episodes. At this point they may just leave the fifth 'chair' empty or rotate guest co-hosts like they've done before.

I would love to see Aisha Tyler return. The show really took a dive after she left.

Both Carnie Wilson and Brigitte Nielsen have guest co-hosted numerous times and I think both are very good, either would be a nice addition. Carnie Wilson was in serious contention to replace Sara Gilbert until Marie Osmond was chosen. Fans were not happy about that.

I think Valerie Bertinelli would be a good fit. Or Yvette Nicole Brown.

@lmt great options! I also think Valerie would be really good, and/or Brigitte Nielsen. I don't really know too much about Yvette Nicole Brown though...

Honored Contributor

@jcash wrote:

I really wish these clebs would be honest on why they leave these shows.  Come on Marie ...  

She only had a 1 yr contract.

=========================

@CANDLEQUEEN  "Who would you like to see replace her?"

I wonder if Antonella Nester has applied for the job?  whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@lmt wrote:

Leah Remini was one of the original hosts when the show premiered in 2010. She was let go after the first season. I very much doubt she'll be asked back. 

Why Did Leah Remini Leave 'The Talk'? Get the Story!

This was when I started watching the show.  I really like Leah and Holly, so I stopped watching when they got the ax.   I came back a few times after that and watched but that one lady who took Leah's seat was really annoying so I left again.

As to this photo - who is the lady on the far right of the pic?   I don't remember her at all.

Same...I also stopped watching when they got the ax.  Now had it been Sharon who got the ax instead, I would probably still be watching.