Respected Contributor

Marianne Faithfull has coronavirus

[ Edited ]

I have adored Marianne Faithfull from day one. I have all her albums, and have read a couple biographies about her. When I was teaching music for decades, I would play a few sections from her albums to show how her voice fell apart. I also enjoyed her performance in Ann Arbor in the very early 90s.

Nonetheless, I'm shocked to read that she has the virus. (I'd totally expected her to die

--because of all the drug abuse--many years ago.) 

Just had to report my feelings. . .

Honored Contributor

Re: Marianne Faithfull has coronavirus

So hoping that she does well and recovers completely, @insomniac2 .

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2   I, too, collected and loved  this lady’s songs/albums  -  she has a very distinctive style.  Hope she recovers from this horrid virus.  I thought she was living in Ireland - not sure though.

Honored Contributor

Saw her in San Francisco around the time of her excellent Broken English album.

If she survived Mick Jagger, anorexia, homelessness and heroin, she should be able to pull through.

Fingers crossed. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: COVID -19
I sit and watch as tears go by. 😥
Esteemed Contributor

I am shocked that she is alive...period. Not because of the virus. Quite frankly, I thought she over dosed years ago.

Respected Contributor

I've always found her to be a fascinating person, too.  She's had a very interesting life, that's for sure, even back to when she was a child & her father had them living in Braziers Park, a sort of early commune type place before it was fashionable later on.  I think she turned Mick on to more intellectual books, music, thought & art than he otherwise would've been exposed to.  She must be a very strong person to endure all that she has & Mick Jagger, heroin addiction, anorexia, Hep-C, breast cancer, losing her son to her ex due to her lifestyle & all the rest & come out of it halfway sane.  I wish her well.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear this.  She is a lovely woman who went through many struggles in life.  I hope she over comes this one.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh so sorry to read this.  She was one of my favorites as a teenager.  I still have her LPs, and immediately heard "I sit and watch as tears go by" in my head when I read this.  Hoping she beats the virus.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Update: Marianne was released from the hospital after 22 days and will continue to recuperate at home (where she will sit and watch as tears go by.) 👍

Source: Foxnews online