Esteemed Contributor

Mariah Carey wants full custody of her and Nick's twins!

She is getting ready to take Nick Cannon to court.  Her reasoning is, he doesn't see his children now, and she currently is their sole caregiver, so she wants him to give up his parental rights.  Mariah already is the primary decision maker and he does not see them.

Him and all his kids...he doesn't have enough time to spend with his first children.  Some people are saying that she should just leave it be, because she already makes all the decisions. 

I think I understand why she wants this decision to be legally binding since she's willing to do this.  If approved and she wins, he will have no say so in how they are raised going forward.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

Re: Mariah Carey wants full custody of her and Nick's twins!

I think it probably ups his child support and since she's got them all the time, why shouldn't it.

Nick can do what he wants but he needs to be prepared for the con$equence$. 

Honored Contributor

Can you blame her?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Seems like his only interest in his children is making them.  We need neutering for people and he's a prime candidate

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Stelladorable wrote:

I think it probably ups his child support and since she's got them all the time, why shouldn't it.

Nick can do what he wants but he needs to be prepared for the con$equence$. 

Mariah probably pays him child support....

That being said Nick seems to have gone crazy and she needs to have all rights.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's Mariah trying to put as much distance between her children and that pitiful excuse for a father as she can.  She wants control so that he has as little influence as possible over her children, especially her son.  He's barely a presence in their lives now, I don't think he'll fight it.  His focus is on making babies, not raising them.

Respected Contributor

She will probably give him a lump sum payment to get sole custody. Jaclyn Smith paid out her ex-husband to get full custody of her children.
Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
She will probably give him a lump sum payment to get sole custody. Jaclyn Smith paid out her ex-husband to get full custody of her children.

I'm not thinking she has to pay him anything.  He doesn't do anything as it is.  He is already stretched too thin and not part of their lives.  She shouldn't give him one red dime.  Those are his kids too.  He is supposed to be responsible for their care and he should be spending time with them.

Respected Contributor

Good for her. I'm sure she has a very clear understanding of the situation and is putting her children first. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Good for her. I'm sure she has a very clear understanding of the situation and is putting her children first. 

@Etoile308that's what she's saying and thinking.  I'll bet she can secure better lawyers than he can!  Ha!  She has the most money........