Valued Contributor

Maria was co-hosting with JBH this week and did a fantastic job.  She certainly should co-host with Hoda when Jenna goes on maternity leave or SOONER!  Too bad she lives in California.

Honored Contributor

Re: Maria Shriver - Today Show

I would love the show with the two of them.

I used to love Hoda, but that woman is simply out of control now.  I think she is stressed and over worked and on the verge of hysteria a lot of the time.  Probably so tired she can't cope.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I used to love Hoda, but that woman is simply out of control now.  I think she is stressed and over worked and on the verge of hysteria a lot of the time.  Probably so tired she can't cope.

Interesting observation - I have never heard a man described as being "on the verge of hysteria a lot of the time."

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I had company this week and happened to watch Today (normally, the TV isn't on at that hour ...).  Anyway, it was interesting to see a show co-hosted by a Bush and a Kennedy - political dynasties of sorts.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the good fortune of meeting Maria Shriver when working for Warner Bros Studios in Burbank CA in the 90's.  She was gracious and a delight to speak with, but she was soooo thin.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I was "sooo thin" much of my life.  It pains me when people feel free to comment when someone is thin, but would never dream of saying but "she's sooooo fat".  (Sorry, just a sensitivie topic for me. Guess I don't see the need for the call-out.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree, we need to stop size bashing.  We need to stop judging people and just accept people for whatever size they are or choose to be.  However, I must say that inappropriate  "she's too thin" comments don't even compare to the number  "she's too heavy/fat/big comments".  Sadly, it's what women do.  You never hear a man say that they a like a particular reporter or anchor, they love his work....but.....he's so thin (or fat or tall).      

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette I think it often surprises people when they see someone they have seen only on a TV screen in person.  Almost always they will appear smaller in person, often both in height and weight.  It is true that the camera adds pounds.  

There's thin and then there's unhealtily thin which I often refer to as gaunt.  I know people who are super thin but it's not due to dieting.  However, they also aren't gaunt.  I have one friend that does look unhealthily thin and she does have a medical condition, but she eats a lot trying to keep her weight up and is really as healthy as she can be considering her condition.

I don't know if MS is thin due to dieting or is just naturally thin, but she doesn't appear to be someone obsessed by her appearance or at least showing it off.  She dresses very conservatively.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette

I understand what you are saying because my mother was very thin all her life and used to get upset when people would make a “your so thin” comment to her. It’s just as hurtful to say someone is too thin as it is to say overweight etc.
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Interesting observation - I have never heard a man described as being "on the verge of hysteria a lot of the time."

@mom2four0418   I can't think of many.  Robin Williams sometimes fit the bill, Johnathan Winters, Jim Carrey, etc.  It's Hoda's laughing fits she has.  Honestly, I worry that the woman is working herself beyond what she can cope with. 

She seems very different these last few months to me.