Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@lenapecci wrote:

If it is not Dylan who killed Erin I wonder why he was threatening Erin's friend? And why burn the journals? 

It looked like a picture that Erin's friend gives the chief. 

Now I think it was John who killed Erin and Billy knows. John's son may know also. And one of them may be the father. Which adds to the creep factor as they are related. 

Mare should have listened to the chief and waited for back up. 

It should be a great finale.   

@lenapecci .....I agree with you about John.  I think it was John that killed Erin and not Billy.  What makes me think that is the note that Erin's friend gave to the chief and he immediately read it and told his deputy to "get Mare on the phone QUICK".  

The chief knew that Mare said that Billy confessed, but after reading the note (and I think it was a note, not a picture)...the chief needed to get Mare on the phone and let her know what was in that note. 

The chief is probably trying to warn Mare that it is John who is the killer (and baby daddy) and not Billy.  Billy may be taking the blame and wanting to confess, ....remember that Billy had drinking and mental problems and may want to protect his brother or is just not thinking rationally and thinks he did it.  I wonder if John wanted to go to their father's lake house so he could actually kill his brother, Billy, so the truth will not come out.

I am pulling this thread back up......don't forget tonight is the last episode of "Mare of Easttown"!!!  Tonight at 10 pm, EST.

I still think John did it.....what do you think by now?

Respected Contributor

Re: Mare Of Easttown On HBO

[ Edited ]

@kittykatkay   I am looking forward to when the killer has been identified.

The boyfriend, Dylan, looks like he is hiding something.  He was out on the night of the murder and was intent on burning Erin's journals. 

Billy confessed but that seems too easy now.  He does have that gun in his tackle box and was sure to bring it on the fishing trip.

It might be John and his son seems to know something.

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

The nice thing about this show is that it can easily be brought back for another crime for Mare to work on.  I hope it does.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@kittykatkay   Looking forward to it!  Even though it is bittersweet when a great series ends

im still thinking John too. 

TV line had an article for 6 answers they would like to see answered. 
https://tvline.com/lists/mare-of-easttown-hbo-burning-questions-theories-suspects-who-killed-erin/ma...

I too would like to see these questions answered. Especially what was Dylan doing that night. 

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@kittykatkay   I am looking forward to when the killer has been identified.

The boyfriend, Dylan, looks like he is hiding something.  He was out on the night of the murder and was intent on burning Erin's journals. 

Billy confessed but that seems too easy now.  He does have that gun in his tackle box and was sure to bring it on the fishing trip.

It might be John and his son seems to know something.

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

The nice thing about this show is that it can easily be brought back for another crime for Mare to work on.  I hope it does.

@Mersha .....I totally agree they have enough to work with to bring this show back on.  For one thing, ratings are high for this one and Kate Winslett is a wonderful actress.  I would keep watching,

Respected Contributor

Re: Mare Of Easttown On HBO

[ Edited ]

@lenapecci wrote:

@kittykatkay   Looking forward to it!  Even though it is bittersweet when a great series ends

im still thinking John too. 

TV line had an article for 6 answers they would like to see answered. 
https://tvline.com/lists/mare-of-easttown-hbo-burning-questions-theories-suspects-who-killed-erin/ma...

I too would like to see these questions answered. Especially what was Dylan doing that night. 

@lenapecci.....  I hope they decide to renew it.  She could solve crimes across the state, not just in Easttown.  

I watched the latest episode and I stand corrected....it was a photo and not a note.  But, I still stand by the fact that I think that John is the baby daddy and also killed Erin. 

I think even though Billy confessed (and it really wasn't a confession)...it was John who coerced him and Billy was sitting there drinking beer the whole time until he probably didn't realize what he was saying until the next day. 

Remember, the next day Billy told John...."I'm ready to confess".  But....confess what?  That he knew John did it?  But, John intervened and convinced him to go to his Dad's lake house one more time.

I think Billy knows that John is up to something by taking him to the lake, especially after seeing the gun in the tacklebox.  John put it there.....not Billy, I think.

As far as Dylan.....I don't think he did it, don't know where he went....but I think he wanted to get rid of the journals because he may have thought there was alot of things in there about him.  But, the weird part is.....he told his friends (that guy and girl) not to read them, just burn them in the fireplace.  So in reality....Dylan didn't know what was in the journals.

We shall see tonight.

Respected Contributor

WOW......well, I was wrong in my prediction of the ending.  I didn't see that coming.  Great tv series.

Trusted Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

WOW......well, I was wrong in my prediction of the ending.  I didn't see that coming.  Great tv series.

Yes, I knew when it seemed to be solved within the first ten minutes of the finale that he wasn't the killer.  There was more to come. Good ending to a good show.

Trusted Contributor

Great Ending! I was surprised at who the killer was. All questions pretty much wrapped up.   

Respected Contributor

i wish there was a way, to create a season 2, for this show. really good story, with excellent cast. Loved it.

Esteemed Contributor

Best Show I've seen in a long time.  Right to the wire, I never suspected the guilty party. They wrapped most of the stories up and did not leave us hanging.  Tho, I'm a little confused about Dylan.....maybe I missed something.  What was in the journal re him?  Very decent often kid with the ear surgery money.   

I hope they do a second series