Honored Contributor

I finally got to see the latest (5) episode last night.  All I can say is WOW! .... What an end!!!  Took me totally by surprise!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 , I am enjoying this one as well.  Better each episode!  S

Trusted Contributor

Just an interesting item:

While watching an old episode of Monk last night I saw Evan Peters, the actor who plays the young detective in Mare. He was young, looked to be in his mid-teens and had a lot of hair! He played a ypung chess genius who ended up hanging with Natalie's daughter.

If I hadn't looked the actor up on the IMDB I don't think I'd have recognized him. Thinner now, less hair.   Smiley Happy

The episode is about a chess grand master who kills his wife and plays a cat and mouse game with Monk. It's a good episode.

Esteemed Contributor

watched the 5 episodes in 2 nights and really like the series ,  very well done !  Kate Winslet is fantastic and so real in the role.   Doesn't  have to look perfect , make up , hair etc.    at the last eposoide at the end it showed the 3 last episodes coming up and stated they could be viewed on HBO max !   I don't have it only the regular HBO so not sure what that is about ????  Why not finish up on HBO why the change I wonder??   I'm not going to add another premium station ,  but I am disappointed that I won't see the upcoming eposoides😼  I'm thinking it is to get people to add it ,  they get you hooked on the show and in order to see the ending you must add HBO Max.  Pretty manipulative.......

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

watched the 5 episodes in 2 nights and really like the series ,  very well done !  Kate Winslet is fantastic and so real in the role.   Doesn't  have to look perfect , make up , hair etc.    at the last eposoide at the end it showed the 3 last episodes coming up and stated they could be viewed on HBO max !   I don't have it only the regular HBO so not sure what that is about ????  Why not finish up on HBO why the change I wonder??   I'm not going to add another premium station ,  but I am disappointed that I won't see the upcoming eposoides😼  I'm thinking it is to get people to add it ,  they get you hooked on the show and in order to see the ending you must add HBO Max.  Pretty manipulative.......

@Kitty Galore ......  I have regular HBO also and I just went to this coming Sunday night's schedule and it shows the new episode (number 6) coming up at 9 PM on the regular HBO channel.  So no worries, we will get to see all episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore ......  I have regular HBO also and I just went to this coming Sunday night's schedule and it shows the new episode (number 6) coming up at 9 PM on the regular HBO channel.  So no worries, we will get to see all episodes.

@kittykatkay   Like your nick 😉   I looked and your right ,  I see that that the next episode  is indeed listed !!!!!   👍🏻

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore ...thank you and like your nic also.  YAY....you found my post so now you will enjoy the rest of this tv show.  

Honored Contributor

I watched the latest episode today, it was so good, I CAN NOT wait til the next episode which I believe is the finale! I think there is more to it than Billy having confessed to his brother, there must be a bombshell in the saved pages of Erin's journal. I felt bad for Mare, getting slapped in the face twice by the dead detective's mother. I knew she was not going to welcome Mare's apology and was going to blame her for her son's death. I thought tragedy was going to strike, the little boy drowning in the bath. I have a feeling the mother is going to drop her request for custody of the child. I hope Kate Winslet will be remembered come Emmy time.

Esteemed Contributor
@Jordan2 - I think it’s not going to be Billy. Maybe he thought he killed her but didn’t….what could be in that Journal? It has to be something to do with Dylan. Not only Kate Winslet excellent in her role but I think as producer as well. This show has been one of the best I’ve seen on TV. Every week there’s a twist & a new suspect ….heart stopping. I can’t wait for the finale but I’ll miss the show.
Trusted Contributor

There are lot's of options,  but I think John was the father of Erin's baby.  I think that is the secret Ryan knows about his father.  Maybe Billy was in love with Erin and saw him that night with John and killer her.  Or Ryan could have killed her and Billy helped to clean it up.  Lot's of options,  I think there will be more surprises next week.