Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

it's rather annoying to start advertising it, before it's available. it's on mywatchlistt.

@10sluvr I'm sorry you feel this way. I know I can forget about a show I want to watch and welcome a reminder. 

I like the reminders , what are you supposed to do , wait until it's already on.

@MW in Iowa I know, I hate when there is a discussion, "So did anyone watch so and so last night"? I always think why didn't you let us know it was on?

Honored Contributor

I think Kate Winslet is an excellent actress and have enjoyed her movies. I look forward to seeing this series and thanks to those who gave us some inside information on where it was filmed, that must have been exciting for those who lived nearby!!!!!

Respected Contributor

TEASER.......... (preview of Mare of Easttown) for those interested.  Can't wait.  Thanks again, @Jordan2  for posting this thread!!!

https://youtu.be/pwaLLEZO6FM

Respected Contributor

YAY....Tonight at 10:05 pm, EST.  Can't wait. 

Who is going to watch?  ME for one, lol.

Honored Contributor

The name of the show throws me off.  It makes me think of horses since Easttown Township PA is home of the Devon Horse Show and is, generally, in horsey country.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The name of the show throws me off.  It makes me think of horses since Easttown Township PA is home of the Devon Horse Show and is, generally, in horsey country.

@ValuSkr .....Kate Winslet stars in this HBO series and her first name is "Mare".

Respected Contributor

Well, I need to see a few more episodes to decide if I like this or not, but it's okay so far.  I do like Kate Winslet's acting abilities

Honored Contributor

Okay, so what did we all think? I think Kate Winslet is one of the finest actresses of her generation. Her American accent is flawless, I like that she is so unglamorous in this role. She is a grandmother of a four year old in the role. we haven't gotten the full background of her life. I get the feeling her son passed away (we saw him briefly but he wasn't really there) he may be the father of Drew. I do wonder where is mother is. I knew there was going to be a murder, I knew who it was going to be, there are certainly a lot of potential suspects. I liked it and will be back next week.

Respected Contributor

I also enjoyed the first episode. Kate Winslet's Mare is hard to like in this episode but she comes across as authentic.  As we get to know her better, I think we will like her more. Her acting has never been better.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  Thank you for posting about upcoming shows. I am someimes unaware of what is on all the channels or streaming services. I rely on word of mouth for new shows. 

I thought it was a good first episode. We got to see the characters learn a little bit about them. 

I will say it was hard to watch that young girl get attacked by the Ex BF's new GF. 

I am looking forward to the next episode. I think it will be a good series.