Respected Contributor

Just got an email from TV Insider saying it was cancelled.  I cannot believe how many shows get us hooked and just leave us hanging without any closure. Another great show - gone.  Regular TV is getting worse and worse and I am watching MeTV more and more.

Trusted Contributor

I have this season on my DVR but I haven't caught up yet. Maybe I'll skip it if it's just going to leave me hanging.

Honored Contributor

Re: Manifest was Cancelled!

[ Edited ]

If the show had more involvement in the social injustice department then maybe it could have been renewed, just saying...it becomes part of the 'cancel culture'.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If the show had more involvement in the social injustice department then maybe it could have been renewed, just saying...it becomes part of the 'cancel culture'.

Kind of a ridiculous and semi-political comment.  I am a sci-fi fan and watched every episode.  Comments:  The acting was really only fair.  The story was like a soap opera:  rambling, off on tangents, lots of tangled emotions, difficult to follow the story line unless you watched all the time and never missed an episode.  The violence was sometimes gratuitous and unnecessary.  Delving into religion (Noah's Ark) was interesting but never really explained.  What happened to the passengers --we will never know, and I think a lot of viewers just stopped caring.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals  Hopefully they will add a few episodes that will explain it all. They cancelled Kominsky Method & then added a short season 3 to finish the storyline. 

Honored Contributor

We sure were left with a huge cliffhanger!

I watch TV to be entertained, if a show gets preachy (to avoid the other P word) I'm gone.  That's why we have news programs AND entertainment programs.   Although now the lines are getting more blurred between the 2

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Kind of a ridiculous and semi-political comment.  I am a sci-fi fan and watched every episode.  Comments:  The acting was really only fair.  The story was like a soap opera:  rambling, off on tangents, lots of tangled emotions, difficult to follow the story line unless you watched all the time and never missed an episode.  The violence was sometimes gratuitous and unnecessary.  Delving into religion (Noah's Ark) was interesting but never really explained.  What happened to the passengers --we will never know, and I think a lot of viewers just stopped caring.

@FancyPhillyshopper I have to agree!  DH and I were so into it the first season but it became kind of silly with a lot of crazy things and situations going on.

However we still watched.  Manifest really reminds me of Lost a lot.  It was so engrossing at first with a lot of mysterious characters and back stories but it became disappointing near the end.  It felt like the writers just wrote to fill in the story with too many tangents and not put a lot of thought into it.

We haven't gotten caught up with all of the episodes yet but I wonder if I should bother.  I hate when a series leaves one hanging when they don't conclude the show.

Esteemed Contributor

There are so many outlets now in need of content that I would be surprised if it doesn't land somewhere.  Especially with an existing fan base.

#savemanifest trending on Twitter. 

Respected Contributor

Well, boo.  I liked the show.  Maybe Netfix or Paramount + will pick it up.

Honored Contributor

I saw 2 episodes.  I liked it.  To be honest, when I first saw the show I thought it was sequal of sorts to Lost.