Honored Contributor

Re: Manifest premieres tonight 9/24

Seems to be another "Lost" or "The Crossing" type show; both seemed to go downhill quickly.

We haven't watched this one yet for that reason.  We'll see.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I think its pretty good, will watch again, No LOST but what is? LOST was the best show ever, besides This is Us (IMO).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

At this point I could go either way....continue to watch or if I am busy, not watch. Interesting concept and will check on Episode 2 to see if I get hooked enough.

Respected Contributor

I thought the first episode was good and I'll continue to watch.  I never watched Lost.  

Regular Contributor

I watched it and loved it. I never watched Lost (which I regretted) but told my husband the series would be a great Christmas present for me. Some moments were tense for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Girl in the front! Seriously! Has Fabulous Eyebrows. 

@Sweet_Serenity  Hey, hey, hey! They look like MY brows. I like ‘em.... kind of my signature. If I tweezed them thin, well, just wouldn’t be Shanus. When my hair went white, many folks only recognized me, at first, by those brows. 😜

Honored Contributor

My brows are very full, too, @Shanus. Only problem is they tend to stick straight forward...like some of the hairs standing right up with a mind of their own...lol!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I finally got a chance to watch it last night (if it's on past 8, I have to record it because I get up at 4:30 most mornings ugh).  I like the show.  It does have a bit of a LOST vibe to it.  I didn't see what the ratings were, but I do hope it lasts for a few years.  Of course, Colony lasted several years and just when we were starting to find out what was happening, they cancelled it.

@DrKelli  Exactly!! Sometimes I think the networks don't let shows find their 'sea legs' before they go ahead and cancel them.

I liked Colony the first two years, but I thought this year was really slow and boring. BUT it started to pick up towards the end of the season and BAM! - canceled!! Plus they killed off (or wrote off) so many good characters. Oh well.....

Same thing happened with Flashforward and The Event. Both shows were picking up steam and getting really interesting and........canceled!

Ratings wise, Manifest did good, but I would expect that for a brand new show. People are curious and will tune in. But will they keep tuning in?

NBC won the night among the big 4 networks, starting with the season premiere of “The Voice,” which premiered to a 2.0 rating in the adults 18-49 demo, down from the 2.6 its premiere had scored last year. Meanwhile, the series premiere of “Manifest” raked in a 2.2 for itself with 10.31 million viewers, making it the first Monday night telecast ever to grow from a “Voice” lead-in on the network, and the highest-rated drama (both new and returning) of the night.

Trusted Contributor

I liked it well enough to keep watching for now. Not as much like Lost as I had assumed. It is very different, and I'm intrigued as to where it's heading. 

Spoiler
I thought at first Michaela was hearing her late mother's voice, but now they are ALL hearing the voices and seeing visions, too. 

👽 Aliens during the lost time on the plane?

Hope it's not canceled before we find out!