Respected Contributor

Man In The High Castle - Season 3

Season 3 tonight. I'm going to binge all weekend. Enjoy!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Man In The High Castle - Season 3

There’s a season 3? Maybe it got better.  I kind of lost interest half way through season 2.  Maybe I’ll go back and watch the rest.

Respected Contributor

Thanks.   We've been waiting.

Honored Contributor

I just finished season three and it wasn't my favorite. It's not bad, but it's also not great. The whole traveler story angle is a bit weird. According to the man in the high castle you can only travel if the person you're replacing is dead in the other world. Okay, but why wasn't the trade minister's family a bit shocked when he dropped in last season if he was dead? According to the finale he could only travel if the version of him in the other world was dead, leaving a space. If the other version of him was dead, then his family in the alternate San Francisco took his rising from the dead rather calmly and just accepted him as the original. If my dead father just happened to drop in, it would definitely get my attention. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman I loved the first two seasons! I watched the first three of the new season and I stopped there. Usually, I binge watch but after the third episode I started losing interest. I'll probably watch the rest shortly. Thanks for your review.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I don't blame you for losing interest. It's not the best season. Characters we thought were dead (Frank) suddenly weren't dead, then he was again, but of course, now that he's dead it means another version of him could now 'travel' back from an alternate world for season four. It's a great storyline for the actors. Typically when they kill your character, you're done. With this storyline a new version of you can simply travel back and resume the role. We lost a few central characters this time around, but they'll all likely be back in season four as travelers. I just wasn't impressed by the storyline. Also, having Dr. Mengele in charge of the traveler project didn't make a lot of sense to me. That would be more for physicists, and the Nazi's had a lot of really good physicists, rather than a somewhat demented MD. It's an okay season, but not really good, or special. The writers seemed to miss the target a bit this season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!