Honored Contributor

Re: Mamma Mia- anyone see it? SPOILERS

@LoriLori wrote:

I saw it on HBO and preferred it to the first one.  Minimal Meryl and the scene with her and her daughter was awesome. 

Lily James is wonderful, was wonderful in Downton Abbey and Cinderella and other things, she's a major talent and has such a lovely singing voice and charming screen presence.  And the young guys were terrific.

Cher was awesome.  I didn't like the styling for her, looking like Lady Gaga why?  But she and Andy Garcia were great..

And Amanda Seyfried was fabulous and so was the guy who played Sky.

@LoriLori   Sky is Dominic Cooper.  I agree with what you wrote about Meryl in the film and disagree about Lily James.  And I'd forgotten to mention Andy Garcia, who is still hot, hot, hot and he was great in the film.  

Esteemed Contributor

Completely not the purpose of this thread, but since it popped back up...I just wanted to comment that I had the pleasure of seeing the original Broadway show performed at a local dinner theatre. I can’t even tell you how much I loved it!! If you haven’t seen it live and it’s being performed somewhere, I recommend seeing it. It’s been a while since I saw the movie - it’s pretty much the same, but maybe some changes as to who’s singing and when a particular song occurs in the show. Minor differences.

Probably my 5th/6th time seeing it live; just makes me happy. 😊
Valued Contributor

THE WORST MOVIE  EVER.SAW IT ON CABLE AND FELL ASLEEP. HORRIBLE.

SAW IT ON BROADWAY AND IT WAS THE BEST  MUSICAL EVER NEXT TO THE JERSEY BOYS.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I went today. I won’t spoil it for anyone, but other than some of the music, I didn’t care for it. 

@gidgetgh   I saw it on stage, but not the movie.