Regular Contributor

Re: Mama June is now a size 12. Wow

[ Edited ]

I don't regularly watch this show but I recently caught a few minutes of it. The part I saw was where June's doctor told her she is now alive and reborn or will be when she gets the surgery.

So she was dead and a nobody before and wasn't actually living because she was obese? That was just awful to hear. What decent person would think that?

Every time my husband and I go to the doctor we are hassled for our weight.  My husband gained a little weight and the doctor actually told him lay off the pasta. Really? That is some rude ____________  Why would he assume that's what he eats. Its so disrespectful and ignorant. I understand as a doctor they have to mention an issue of poundage to patients but don't treat them rudely or assume things.

Whenever we go to a doctor he and me get treated like we're gonna die tommorrow because of a number on a scale. When we have excellent blood pressure, cholesterol and good glucose readings they should leave it alone.

Our world is sick where we rank people's worth according to their outside appearance and assume they don't live a happy fulfilled life because they don't look as we wish them to. Its called mind your own business and acquire a soul.

Respected Contributor

Normally I would congratulate someone on that much weight loss.   No matter how it's done.  In this case I'll be more impressed when she does something about her children's health.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I don't/won't watch this show but I'd be interested in seeing how she looks when it's all said and done.

BUT, the most troubling part for me, like many of you, is seeing the kids, most especially the youngest one, being obese and nothing seems to be done about that.  What?  It's not a money-maker yet?   The youngest child has been overweight since she was much younger and it's getting worse and worse.

Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday,

Your post states exactly what I've felt for a long time.   I want my doctor to treat me as I am; if my test result numbers are so important, look at them and see they are great.  Weight number, maybe not so great, but it's steady and therefore shows a consistency with my lifestyle.   I have shown my doctor pictures of my ancestors, so that he can see what my genetic makeup comes from, and how it's just unrealistic to expect me to be thin.   I'm 61; very happy and content with my life, and not looking to change anything.   

Regular Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Winter Holiday,

Your post states exactly what I've felt for a long time.   I want my doctor to treat me as I am; if my test result numbers are so important, look at them and see they are great.  Weight number, maybe not so great, but it's steady and therefore shows a consistency with my lifestyle.   I have shown my doctor pictures of my ancestors, so that he can see what my genetic makeup comes from, and how it's just unrealistic to expect me to be thin.   I'm 61; very happy and content with my life, and not looking to change anything.   

Redtop I really like your post! Nobody should get rudeness from a doctor. I like that you showed your doctor the photos. What did he say?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pommom wrote:

Did she use her kids' trust fund money to do this?

@pommom  One of her older Daughters claims June took her money and some of the other children's money to get the surgerys. ( bypass and skin removal). There is a  family feud going on,

Esteemed Contributor

Oh slimed, I saw an episode by accident and couldn't turn it off. Well she has lost weight but she is still gross. She got a new house but still gross. Alana still over weight, sad. Super Bear has a type. Now wash this slime off.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently, there is no surgery to get rid of "gross". This isn't exactly an Eliza Doolittle story!  😊

Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

I don't regularly watch this show but I recently caught a few minutes of it. The part I saw was where June's doctor told her she is now alive and reborn or will be when she gets the surgery.

So she was dead and a nobody before and wasn't actually living because she was obese? That was just awful to hear. What decent person would think that?

Every time my husband and I go to the doctor we are hassled for our weight.  My husband gained a little weight and the doctor actually told him lay off the pasta. Really? That is some rude ____________  Why would he assume that's what he eats. Its so disrespectful and ignorant. I understand as a doctor they have to mention an issue of poundage to patients but don't treat them rudely or assume things.

Whenever we go to a doctor he and me get treated like we're gonna die tommorrow because of a number on a scale. When we have excellent blood pressure, cholesterol and good glucose readings they should leave it alone.

Our world is sick where we rank people's worth according to their outside appearance and assume they don't live a happy fulfilled life because they don't look as we wish them to. Its called mind your own business and acquire a soul.

When I have gone to Dr. offices/etc. many of the staff are overweight, a few obese.

Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday,

Between the medical visit where I said very straightforward things to my doctor, and the visit where I took the pictures of my family, I learned one of my paternal cousins was also a patient in this same practice.  A conversation with her revealed what I expected; she was also being berated for her weight.   

My doctor acknowledged the generational obesity issues in our family, and no longer dwells on the scale reading.   He does speak directly, cautioning and reminding us about healthy choices, which is what we expect to hear, but he hasn't been berating us, as if we can't pass a fast food drive thru without making the circle.   

Even tho I have nearly 12 years on my doctor, he is the one with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a stressful job.   It's also obvious he's carrying extra weight as well.