Respected Contributor

Re: Mama June Buster For Drug Possession After Domestic Dispute

The woman is more stupid than I gave her credit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I meet someone, I pretty much know right away whether I like them or not, and always go with my gut feeling about people.   I never liked Alana as the pageant contestant, but did like the family show when the focus was on the family life of June, Sugar Bear, and the girls.  

Yes, many of this family’s simple ways were blown out of proportion to create more drama for the show, and I can see from comments here that the family was judged harshly because of it.   For me, once the biggest changes showed in Mama June’s and the kids personalities, I began to lose interest, because the family was changing for the show.   If the writers of the show had left the family alone to just live their simple life in the rented house by the railroad track, I think they would still be the same redneck family they were then.   

Once money, fame and fortune became the guiding force, this entire family went to Hell in a handbasket.   To me, June Shannon was never a candidate for gastric bypass.  No amount of counseling on this green earth is going to change her eating habits; she hasn’t been able to maintain her weight which is a major factor in their continued interest in her for a reality show.   

Yes, I believe June has indeed made very poor choices in her life, but the worst one was signing on for a reality TV show.   

Esteemed Contributor

'New wealth/rich' often struggle - whether it's lottery winners, athletes, inheritance or reality stars. Wish all responsible for distributing this wealth could do mandatory financial training. Maybe they do.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Jessica is the daughter who graduated from college.   The last episode I actually remember seeing Jessica in, was the commitment ceremony between Mama June and Sugar Bear.   Once she went off to college she did not participate in the show.   She is the only member of her family who seems to have any sense.

I read an article from January 2018 that said Jessica (aka Chubbs) was in her second year at South Georgia State College. I don't think she's graduated yet.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mama June - the EPITOME of trailer trash. She and her family = losers. 

Honored Contributor

This happened about a 20 min. ride down 1-85 from my house, in Tuskegee, AL, it is all over AL news, LOL!  Here are their mug shots:

Reality TV star June Shannon and her boyfriend, Eugene Edward Doak, were arrested Wednesday in Macon County, Alabama. (Source: Macon County Sheriff's Office)

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've read about this but haven't seen anything about where Honey Boo Boo was when all this went down.  Has anybody heard?  Hope she's okay.  

@wildcat fan   I think I read somewhere that she was attending her Weight Watchers meeting.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read that Mama June took the blame for having drugs, pills, a needle and a crack pipe. Either she's on drugs or doesn't want her man in prison. He's done time before so I'm thinking he's the one on drugs but of course they may both be.

Valued Contributor

What a true dumbazz she is!