Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Maks & Peta; Julianne & Brooks Got Married -- DWTS

They both looked beautiful and all look very happy.  I love that Julianne's Cavaliers were in the picture.  I was surprised that Rumer was in Maks' and Peta's wedding party.  I guess she and Maks have stayed close since DWTS.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

See Peta's beautiful dress:

http://people.com/celebrity/maksim-chmerkovskiy-peta-murgaroyd-wedding-details-photos-dress/

See Julianne's beautiful and more sleek dress:

http://people.com/celebrity/julianne-hough-is-married-the-dwts-judge-weds-nhl-star-brooks-laich-in-a...

@Pearlee, thanks for the links! Both brides looked beautiful, I really like Peta's gown. Julianne's wedding was described as an intimate affair, but 200 people to me isn't intimate. Also is Maks, Jewish, it looked like he and some guests were wearing yarmulkes (not sure of spelling)?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  You are welcome; I'm glad you were willing to look at the People links. Smiley Happy

Yes, Maks and Val are Jewish and you spelled yarmulkes just right.  Yes, Maks was wearing a white one.  

I didn't know they were Jewish until I read an article in People once about Maks.

Honored Contributor

Both dresses were gorgeous especially Peta's!  I'm like Peta, though.  The off white looks better than stark white.  And she does have a baby already.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of the two dresses, I also like Peta's better. It looks a little more special to me, a one-occasion dress without being over the top, and she looks like a fairy princess, as well she should on her wedding day.  I also love her hair for the occasion.  And Maks looks strikingly handsome in white.  

@Mmsfoxxie  I think the ivory was appropriate also, given the baby predating the wedding.   

@Jordan2  By the way, in one photo especially (Maks and Peta's backs to us) they are standing under the traditional Jewish wedding "chuppa" or canopy thingy.  (That's a literal translation - canopy thingy LOL). 

Honored Contributor

Loved Peta's dress....she looked like a princess.  Julianne's wedding was so refreshing and sounded lovely being outdoors and including the pups!  Each wedding seemed to reflect their personal values. @Pearlee  Thanks for the share!

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

sort of funny since Julianne was one of Maks' many former girlfriends....they have the same anniversary....just not with each other...I wonder how many people, if any, had to choose which one to attend...

Honored Contributor

Maks and Peta, Julianne and Brooks,

Image result for congrats animated images