Esteemed Contributor

Re: Making the Cut (Tim & Heidi) now streaming Amazon Prime

Saw the first episode so far and believe these are more established designers. Tim did mention they were there to design not sew. Yes, they have seamstresses, however, the designers must know how to pattern and list how the pattern goes together and should be sewn right down to the embellishments.

Already not liking blonde girl with the strange outfits.

Honored Contributor

They seem to be leaving written instructions for the seamstresses, they do not see them or communicate with them other than written notes.  The seamstresses work overnight so it's a surprise the next morning what comes out of the garment bag.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Just finished watching the first episode and this is definitely more upscale than PR.  I like it so I am off to watch the second episode.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Two episodes already?  It only started yesterday.  I need to figure out how to get it on my TV.  I do have a SmartTV, so should be easy.  At what time on Fridays does it become available?

I have a Smart TV, too, but wasn't able to figure out how to watch it on my TV, so I just watched the 1st 2 episodes on my computer. 

My TV doesn't have the app for Prime loaded on it already, so if anyone knows how to do that, I'd appreciate it.

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Two episodes already?  It only started yesterday.  I need to figure out how to get it on my TV.  I do have a SmartTV, so should be easy.  At what time on Fridays does it become available?

I have a Smart TV, too, but wasn't able to figure out how to watch it on my TV, so I just watched the 1st 2 episodes on my computer. 

My TV doesn't have the app for Prime loaded on it already, so if anyone knows how to do that, I'd appreciate it.

It depends on the Smart TV. Some smart TVs aren't so smart. If the smart TV has an app store of some sort, you should find the Prime Video app there. Some older Smart TV's and DVD players are very, very limited in the ability to add apps. What you see is what you get with many of them. I highly recommend Rokus these days. I have a couple and they're very good devices. Fire Sticks are a bit more limited, but are okay. If you're a Comcast internet subscriber they have a free Roku-like box called Flex they'll give you to use for streaming, but I believe their box is even more limited than the Fire Sticks.

Thanks @gardenman  I did figure out how to get Prime on my 2 newest TVs, Samsungs that I just got last year when I upgraded to Dish HD/Hopper/Sling/Joeys. 

I'll have to try again with the 5 year old Samsung in my bedroom, as I messed it up & had just a snowy picture & had to call Dish's tech support to get a picture back.   I don't have the patience to mess with it right now after spending a bunch of time waiting on the phone for the guy to come on & help me!  Even though it was my error (I'd hit a wrong button on the Samsung remote), the young man was really nice & got me fixed up.  I think the older TV isn't as straightforward as my newer ones, but I did see the icon for Prime, so I think it will work OK when I get it done tomorrow.  The app for Prime was not on the list from the Dish remote, but it was for the TV itself. 

Honored Contributor

They are in Paris right now.  I don't know if they stay there the entire season or move around.

The runway shows are pretty big productions at the museum and in front of the Eiffel Tower.

The budget for this show must be unlimited.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

Looking forward to watching this. The new format is a refreshing change from the same old Project runway that we have watched from the beginning! The designers for the most part seem somewhat creative. Love Naomi as a judge but not crazy about the vignettes with Heidi and TIm, boring little time filler, need something else maybe more about the designers. Love to know how these specific designers were chosen for this, Martha????

Honored Contributor

I swear I thought Heidi was drunk in some of those vignettes.  Or she's just so high strung and Tim is so low key.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have to ask, then you might not have Prime. After pullng up the title, ther is a button that says watch now.  Click on it.  Its free.  It's included in your prime membership.

I'm watching it now.  I watch Prive almost every night now.  Really like the movies and the shows.

I like the changes. More democratic in ephasis on design rather then sewing skills.   I dilsiked and stopped watching the new Project Runway.  I really disliked the hosts and the judges.

Honored Contributor

Plus no commercials Smiley Very Happy

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I just remembered to watch.  We have 2 new episodes to watch this week.

They are going to Tokyo next.  I remember Heidi's tweets from Tokyo, but didn't realize she was there for this.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN