Respected Contributor

I found an episode airing on cable TV that I had never seen. It is titled "Two Options" Season 3 Episode 7. It is without a doubt the best episode of Major Crimes. I recorded it and have watched it 3 times. My husband saw it and remarked if the entire series were that good, he would rewatch every one of them.

Respected Contributor

I've enjoyed that series.

Trusted Contributor

I did too @Another new name Sue, I liked it when Kyra Sedgewick was on it, but it took a bit for Mary McDonnell to grow on me, I really grew to enjoy her role.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Is there another place to watch this? I'm only seeing it on HBOMAX which is too expensive for me to subscribe to at the moment. 

Trusted Contributor

It is normally on Lifetime during the day, but right now they are showing The Closer, they will soon roll over to Major Crimes.

Valued Contributor

Re: Major Crimes

[ Edited ]

Kyra Sedgwick's series was called "The Closer" and it became "Major Crimes" when she left and Mary Mc Donnell took the lead.  Both series air on Start TV  and "The Closer" is also on HLN which runs it marathon-style on weekends.

In the days when TNT aired these shows they also had such shows as "Rizzoli and Isles",  "The Librarians" "Franklin and Bash" as well as other very well written and performed shows.  The Network slogan back then was "We Know Drama"  and they sure did.  A new regime came in to Turner Network Television  and the new broom swept clean all their excellent programs.  They now seem to favor sitcom reruns, animated comedy series, MLB, NBA and NHL games.    As a baseball and hockey fan, I enjoy watching those, but I still fondly remember and greatly miss and lament the loss of that quality programming.

I binge watched both series ( Closer/Major Crimes) during Covid, and still view them on occasion when I can't find anything else good on TV.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

Is there another place to watch this? I'm only seeing it on HBOMAX which is too expensive for me to subscribe to at the moment. 

I saw the particular episode I mentioned one morning on Lifetime at 11:00 am Central. I was able to record it as well.  It will be some time before it cycles back through and is shown again. The Closer is on Lifetime beginning at 7:00 AM Central for three episodes, then 3 episodes are shown of Major Crimes beginning at 10:00 AM. 

Honored Contributor

I watch Major Crimes almost every day, I can catch this show either during the day or late at night. I like this program too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is a great episode. 

The Closer and Major Crimes are currently on Lifetime starting at 8am eastern.  Usually Monday - Friday but with Lifetime, you never know.  They can change or stop airing without notice.  

I have DVR set to record all episodes.   Isn't it amazing that great shows can be watched over and over.

I thought they did a great job transitioning Mary MacDonald's character from a thorn in Brenda's side to a deep complex character. 

Season 2 Ep 8  The Deep End is a great episode, almost unwatchable.   (the swim coach episode.)

Trusted Contributor

I always loved Bones....and right now it is on a station (which one is a toss up) every day...including Saturday and Sunday. I'm about Bones-ed out!