Regular Contributor

Maine Cabin Masters and Home Town

[ Edited ]

Are my two faves.  Each and every person on these two shows is funny, kind and uplifting.  People I would love to have as friends and neighbors.  Wouldn't miss an episode and I binge on reruns.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Maine Cabin Masters and Home Town

@twocatlou wrote:

Are my two faves.  Each and every person on these two shows is funny, kind and uplifting.  People I would love to have as friends and neighbors.  Wouldn't miss an episode and I binge on reruns.  

I watch Home Town and love it!! Reruns and new ones both.

Honored Contributor

We watch Maine Cabin Masters. Love seeing the old camps. 

Honored Contributor

I have watched a couple of episodes of Maine Cabin Masters while trying to find SOMETHING to watch these days with everything being on re-runs and my staple Live PD being cancelled.  I was watching a binge of Holmes and Holmes where they were re-fubing Holmes Jr.'s home for him and his soon-to-be new wife and this show followed it.  It's an okay show for me, but not something I would go out of my way to watch.  One of the episodes I "watched" they were re-doing a guest house on property that included a mansion that originally had belonged to Adrian Arpel.  I say "watched" because I wasn't really paying close attention as I was on my computer looking for dead relatives and I can get pretty focused when doing that.

Speaking of Holmes and Holmes and all the Holmes franchise, I used to love Holmes on Homes years ago.  My husbnd hated the show.  He would say the man just finds things wrong and I would remind him that he also fixed those things.  I kept reminding him the people had called him in in the first place because THEY had found things wrong that they couldn't resolve on their own.  I would joke that my husband felt threatened by him.  So, any time I would have one of his shows on I would tell my husband I was watching his favorite person.  I hadn't watched a Holmes show in several years after they had mostly become all reruns.  It was fun telling him I was watching his favorite person again.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Home Town and even enjoy the reruns.  Ben and Erin seem so nice and down to earth.  Would love to have them renovate my home if I lived there.

Honored Contributor

I love Home Town, with every episode I appreciate their talents more.

Ben is amazing in the wood shop & I love Erin's watercolors.

@twocatlou wrote:

Respected Contributor

@twocatlou wrote:

i am in complete agreement!  

recently, i decided i needed to give up cable news (almost entirely).  it just got to a point where i could not watch anymore.  that's when i discovered these home shows!  i have been binge watching ALL of them (HGTV, GAC, DIY) and like you, the maine cabin masters (they enjoy each other and their lifestyle so much!) and home town (such a loving, likeable and professional couple!) are my very favorites!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Maine Cabin Masters and I love their accents.  They are so laid back, nothing bothers them.

I've been watching the Watch Party with Ben and Erin versions and they do answer some questions that I had about the episodes.  Like if there isn't enough money they don't do the whole house and they discuss which rooms they will do.

Ben also said they always do new electrical, plumbing and HVAC they just don't always mention it becuase it's boring to talk about over and over.   I always look to see if they put ducts in when they pull out the window units.

Also, the one guy who always looks a little too dressed up is doing it on his lunch hour.  He's an accountant or something.  They apparently drive by, pick him up, do a Ben & his buddies scene and drive him back to work.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My girlfriend goes to Maine every summer to the house she has spent her summers at since a young girl.  It is on a lake.  Last summer she met the crew from the show Maine Cabin Masters and raved about how nice they are, she was thrilled.  Of course she watches the show faithfully and recommended it to me.  It is a fun enjoyable show and the workmanship impressive!

Trusted Contributor

My 2 favorite shows as well.  Love the recycling, the care they take in doing what matches the owners personalities, love the fact that they all get along and there is no super hyped up drama.  Just nice fun shows to watch and very creative without breaking people's budgets.