Esteemed Contributor

Re: Magnum P.I. NEW Season 12/4

@AuntG  YES!  PapaWick and I remarked that for a huge building, there seemed to be too few hostages.  We also thought the episode had sort of a Die Hard feel.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Yes a huge plot hole of not that many hostages for such a large building. Now it did have a Diehard feel ( which my son says is a classic Christmas movie) but I didn't hear of any Christmas talk nor decorations or explanation of why it might have been a holiday skeleton crew working. But yet it is the episode before Christmas. Also it would have been fun to have maybe a worker who was caught in the bathroom and stumbled out not even knowing what was going on. How did 4 roundup that large building? 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

The show is filmed in Hawaii during a pandemic and likely has to adhere to some rules for filming (an assumption).  I don't think we're supposed to ask things like "where's the big crowd?" at this time.  They do reference the pandemic (particularly how if has effected Rick's bar), so I think you can just assume that people are still working from home.

Honored Contributor

There is/was a new show on tonight.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I think everyone has me suspicious - were they making Juliette’s doctor boyfriend a little too good to believe?? LOL For me, this is just a show to escape, so I usually have no complaints.

I was a little bummed after MacGyver though. 😢
Honored Contributor

I'm still suspicious of Ethan. He's trying too hard to be accepted by the group but maybe he didn't have it instilled in his childhood that people either accept you or they don't. If it's the latter, their loss.

I think it's wise for Magnum to pull back on his obvious disdain of Ethan but I hope he will continue to be observant. Juliet is getting more and more infatuated so her "spidey sense" as well as her common sense may be compromised.

I didn't realize there was a new episode last week until I got ready to delete last night's from my DVR and there it was. Watching it now.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I haven't yet watched the last episode. Last week's show, however,  was not all that impressive to me. The woman who portrayed the MMA fighter is an actual martial artist in her own right. I'm not into it so I didn't much enjoy the episode. It did have a good message though.

Honored Contributor

The last episode with the hurricane...

Did anyone recognize the old black man?...the one who rammed the van into the side of the bar? He was the original 'TC' actor Roger E. Mosley, age 82. It was great to see him on the show. He looked good and he was hilarious on stage with that karaoke!

I don't know what to think of Ethan. To me he doesn't come across as a doctor but maybe he was a medic in the Army, or whatever, and that's where he learned his medical knowledge....just what I think anyway.

Juliet was actually pleasant to Magnum instead of cutting him down like she usually does. It was a good show. 

Respected Contributor

I think Juliet, who I think is very pretty, has gotten more sarcastic this season. I don't think the boyfriend is a doctor. He does have medical training.He's got a shady past and siphoning gas is the least of his misdeeds. Can't remember if they checked his prints, or just paper background check of the doctor's info. Think he was a mercenary, deserter, or refugee who at some point came across the actual doctor through Doctors Without Borders and took his identity. There's probably charges against him, he'll be found out by Juliet stumbling upon it, and that's how they end the relationship.

I enjoyed seeing Mosley and hope he becomes a reoccurring character. It was Mosley's TC who originally called Higgins "Higgy Baby" and then used by others.

I predict there's a reward from the armored car company and the money is used to repair the bar.

Esteemed Contributor

The bar was repaired by all the patrons coming together, working together ❤

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix