Respected Contributor

Re: Magnum P.I. NEW Season 12/4

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why were TC and Rick picking up trash?? Community service for what? I don't remember them getting in trouble.

I don't think TC was doing community service but Rick was there because he helped his friend, IcePick, hide out after he was involved in a robbery where the security guard was shot and killed.   

Icepick had just gotten out of prison and was diagnosed with cancer.  He was feeling hopeless because he didn't have much time left.  He decided to do just one more job where there was a large amount of money that they could steal.  

Rick knew that IcePick was going to be involved in another crime but he didn't notify the police.  The robbery went sideways and IcePick was double-crossed by his accomplice who shot him.

Rick found him in a motel where he was hiding after being shot. He brought him back to  the estate and Kumo and Juliette took care of his gunshot wounds.

Magnum eventually notified Detective Katsumoto who arrested IcePick and returned him to prison.

Katsumoto went to bat for Rick and managed to get him just community service instead of prison time for his part in the robbery by not turning in IcePick to the authorities.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was odd to see her openly flirt with her doctor in front of Magnum. I think she treats Magnum like dirt and a lot of her sarcasm is not funny at all yet when she flirts with another guy it does seem like she's cheating though they supposedly don't have a romantic relationship.  Juliet finally told him that he could live rent free due to everything he's done for her besides being the white knight they were talking about last season and I think he absolutely saved her life though she kept saying she had been shot before and knew she wouldn't die....nice real nice.  Plus honestly shes not that pretty. haha...well, she's not.  Magnum could do a lot better in finding an attractive woman who treats him better. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your great explanation! @J Town Girl 

I completely forgot about Icepick.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl  what an excellent summary. This is coming from someone who usually finds something that someone left out.

@agb80   I agree with you about Juliet. Not liking her as much as I did when I first started watching this show.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I think being 'the boss' has gotten to Juliet's head. She's not the same person as she was before.

Esteemed Contributor

Juliet seems to really be feeling herself. Not in a good way. The Dr is going to turn out to be a player and when she realizes Magnum was there for her he will be involved with another woman and the timing will be off. Usually how the romantic saga goes.....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

JULIET is not pretty?She is the most adorable girl I ever saw.

Most guys I know just watch the show to look at her and hear her speak,

Shes a complete knockout.

Honored Contributor

There's something about that doctor I find sort of creepy. He doesn't come across as someone who is a doctor...he seems like an imposter coming after Juliet for something...? We'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There's something about that doctor I find sort of creepy. He doesn't come across as someone who is a doctor...he seems like an imposter coming after Juliet for something...? We'll see.

I don't know.  I kind of agree with you (particularly given the strange person following Magnum), but also thought Kumu would have highlighted anything strange in the background check, regardless of whether Higgens wanted to look at it or not.  I think he has to be a doctor - he treated her at the hospital.  But, wouldn't surprise me if there's something more about him.

Honored Contributor

I generally try not to defame people's looks so I'll just say Juliet doesn't fit my definition of a knockout. Complete or otherwise.

I agree with those who said that something's not kosher with that doctor. Also I'd like to suggest a shower and a shampoo.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.