Honored Contributor

I have come to really love this series. At first I thought I wouldn't b/c I loved the original too much. But I have changed my mind. 

The last episode ended where Higgins was given ownership of the Robin's Nest estate. But I don't remember how that happened. Someone please chime in and recap what that last episode was all about.

Looking forward to the new season!

Respected Contributor

Re: Magnum P.I. NEW Season 12/4

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have come to really love this series. At first I thought I wouldn't b/c I loved the original too much. But I have changed my mind. 

The last episode ended where Higgins was given ownership of the Robin's Nest estate. But I don't remember how that happened. Someone please chime in and recap what that last episode was all about.

Looking forward to the new season!

@SilleeMee I'm sorry I don't have the answer but i appreciate you posting.  It looks like a fun show, I've set to tape. 

Respected Contributor

Higgins was going to have to go back to the UK because her visa had expired.  She didn't know how long it was going to be until she would be able to return to Hawaii,

Robin Masters' attorney found a loophole in the law that stated if she owned a large estate with vast holdings she could qualify to stay in the US.

With that finding he gave her Robins Nest so that she wouldn't have to go back to the UK.  It ended the season with Higgins telling Magnum that she was now his boss and he just sort of laughed about that.  

I just love this show.   Like the op, I thought I would never be able to accept another actor in the role of Magnum.  But I've learned to just love this guy.  He's different than Tom Selleck but just as much fun to watch.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love Magnum and am looking forward to the show returning.  Wish Hawaii 5-0 was returning also - miss it.

Esteemed Contributor

Unlike the other posters, I never watched the original Magnum (or MacGyver, for that matter) So, I just started watching because it was a little bubble gum with great scenery.  All of the characters are likable and I don't lose too much if I miss an episode here and there (although it is set on my DVR).

I have since caught up on the original Magnum (was on Hallmark M&M channel pre-Christmas) and I liked it too.  But, I think because the new show was MY first, I may prefer it.  It may just be because the original is obviously dated, but I think it may also be a little grittier too. I think the new one may show a bit more of the beautiful Hawaii scenery and I like that.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a huge , huge fan of the Tom Selleck Magnum so when I heard of the remake I went into it with this is just a new detective series in Hawaii. I liked it right away from the first episode. I am glad it is coming back. My only critique is the so called romance doesn't work for me. I see a great friendship but no romantic chemistry. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

Higgins was going to have to go back to the UK because her visa had expired.  She didn't know how long it was going to be until she would be able to return to Hawaii,

Robin Masters' attorney found a loophole in the law that stated if she owned a large estate with vast holdings she could qualify to stay in the US.

With that finding he gave her Robins Nest so that she wouldn't have to go back to the UK.  It ended the season with Higgins telling Magnum that she was now his boss and he just sort of laughed about that.  

I just love this show.   Like the op, I thought I would never be able to accept another actor in the role of Magnum.  But I've learned to just love this guy.  He's different than Tom Selleck but just as much fun to watch.  

Thanks for the recap!  @J Town Girl .

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  It will be fun to post with you again on a regular thread. After your hiatus we continued your God Friended Me  thread until the series ended. I was hoping Pose would return but so far still waiting.

Like @Alter Ego  I also didn't watch the original Magnum so had nothing to compare. Didn't become a fan of Selleck's until later years.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique 

I really miss GFM! Why that one got cancelled is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

Why were TC and Rick picking up trash?? Community service for what? I don't remember them getting in trouble.