Honored Contributor

Tonight is the season finale, which seems awfully early. What happened to shows ending the season in late May?

I know the show hasn’t been cancelled or renewed for next season yet.  

For those who watch, do you think they’re just going to end the series right here, with her running for President with an unknown outcome?  Or are they going to spin off to a new show, with her running and then becoming President???

I love this show. I would be sorry to see it go. 

And if they create a new show from it, I wonder if they’d have her current staff come and work for her?  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

thanks for the heads up....i have 6 episodes on the DVR and am going to binge watch when I have the last episode. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  I watch every week and hope that it is not cancelled.  It does seem a little early for the finale, even though my tv listing does not have that indication, because most shows go through the May sweeps with new shows.  I did read that the show might be cancelled, but I thought it might be at the end of next season.  She runs for president and wins; therefore, she is not the secretary any longer.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@avid shopper - I hope I didn’t spoil anything for you. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@avid shopper - I hope I didn’t spoil anything for you. 

Not at all!

Honored Contributor

I LOVE this show and have from Day 1. I have last week still on DVR and will be watching this morning.

My BIL and i loved Designated Survivor and were kind of bitter (not kidding) when they cancelled it.

We both have the last few episodes on DVR to save and rewatch! Sounds silly, I know.

Same with The Dr. Blake Mysteries, saved the last 7 episodes. Loved thta show too. My BIL and I have some similar TV likes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Madam Secretary

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

And if they create a new show from it, I wonder if they’d have her current staff come and work for her?  

A few episodes back she asked her staff "if" she runs for president, would they come w/her.  They all said yes.  She did not ask the "new" girl.  She is staying on to work for the "new" SOS who is also a female.

After this episode, I am done.  I have been a faithful watcher since day one.  I am tired of the same old scenarios and the reproduction of scenarios that actually happened.  This show has lost its "freshness."  Time for me to fadegetout.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I just read another post in this forum that stated the series had been renewed. So hopefully this is good news for those who follow and love the show.

Valued Contributor

The show for next season has been changed to MADAM PRESIDENT.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Madam Secretary

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I LOVE this show and have from Day 1. I have last week still on DVR and will be watching this morning.

My BIL and i loved Designated Survivor and were kind of bitter (not kidding) when they cancelled it.

We both have the last few episodes on DVR to save and rewatch! Sounds silly, I know.

Same with The Dr. Blake Mysteries, saved the last 7 episodes. Loved thta show too. My BIL and I have some similar TV likes.

@Love my grandkids  I believe Designated Survivor has been picked up by Netflix for new episodes.  I had read they were considering Madame Secretary also, but read here today that Madame has been renewed by CBS.