Honored Contributor

MYSTERY NIGHT ON TCM TUESDAY PRIMETIME EASTERN

Starts off with the deft Philo Vance detective film, "The Kennel Murder Case" @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern TCM

It's the moneyed "doggie" show set on Long Island that is visited by murder.  William Powell is famed detective "Philo Vance",  who doesn't buy a suicide verdict for a second.  This was directed by Michael Curtiz and is an exemplar of the elegant, Thirties' mystery genre.  Terrific cast, including Mary Astor and adorable Eugene Pallette.

Please see previous alert for details:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/FOR-THOSE-WHO-LOVE-THE-quot-THIN-MAN-quot-SERIES-WM-POWEL...

Followed by "The Saint in New York" with Louis Hayward, among other mystery goodies...

Honored Contributor

Re: MYSTERY NIGHT ON TCM TUESDAY PRIMETIME EASTERN

I think the Kennel Murder Case was on not too long ago. I remember catching bits and pieces of the movie. I am glad they are showing it again. I can't wait to watch the entire movie.

I had not noticed that it was on - glad that you did Oznell. Thanks

Looks like today is Kay Francis day. Will try and catch a movie or two.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the heads up ...I love anything William Powell and Mary Aster are in.

Honored Contributor

Right there with you, @drizzellla and @catsgalore5354.

And @catsgalore5354, both of them are beautifully dressed in this, in high Thirties' style.  William Powell's tailoring-- faultless!  I always love the way he looks, but he's especially well-turned-out in this...

Trusted Contributor

@OznellReally good movie worth watching !!!!

Honored Contributor

Just watched a good movie with Lionel Barrymore, called Guilty Hands. It was an early one, he was walking around quite a bit. Alan Mowbray played a slimy character.

I can see nothing is going to get done today.