Respected Contributor

Re: MYRNA LOY DAY TCM THURSDAY

I've got "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" set for 6:15 p.m. Myrna Loy and Cary Grant are favorites of mine. There are no actors comparable to that era of acting anymore and haven't been for awhile. 

Honored Contributor

Oznell

Yet another great review and insight of a wonderful talented versatile actress, Myrna Loy.. She should have received an Oscar as other posters stated.  My sister loves the Thin Man series and has seen the movies over and over and never gets tired of that particular Myrna Loy role.  I think Loy was an all around talent, she played her roles with ease and so enjoyable to watch.  She is in the hall of fame with all the other actresses of that time who excelled and brought class to the movies!

Honored Contributor

@trenet, I think your delightful husband may be one of several who relish that "choosing paint color" scene of Myrna's-- it seems to confirm their view of women's love of decorating and whimsical specificity when it comes to color!

I'm catching just a bit of "Wife vs. Secretary" right now in between serving supper.   Clark Gable is being dense in this one!   I mean, come on!

Rooting for Myrna here....

Honored Contributor

I present this special vintage Oscar to Myrna Loy as best actress per

our own set of film aficionadas on this thread.

(This was actually Norma Shearer's Oscar.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Love Myrna Loy - people always thought my mom looked like her!

"Mr. Blandings..." is my brother's fave movie of all time!

A favorite of mine is "The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer" with Myrna Loy, Cary Grant and a teenage Shirley Temple...just good fun!  "You remind me of a man..."