Honored Contributor

MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE****SPOILER ALERT

[ Edited ]

Chase is not a nice man. Whitney lost a year of her life while he strung her along...............Every year is precious when you want a child and Whitney is running out of time.

He said he loves the woman he cheated on her with.......what an A**

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

Re: MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE****SPOILER ALERT

So sad, makes me wonder if he really loved her or was just playing for the camera and the $$ of being on the show.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I haven't been watching but read that Whitney and Ryan are no longer business partners. There's something I don't like about him either.

Respected Contributor

I think the whole thing was a set up for TV.  Not real - and she was aware of the entire "script".  Just my opinion.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I felt early on, that Ryan and Chase both seemed like opportunistic individuals, using Whitney's popularity for publicity and money.

I feel that Whitney believed in Chase's intentions for a life together. Wanting something as much as she did, likely blinded her to clues that her dream was merely a fantasy.  

Whitney isn't an accomplished actress. The scenes with her breaking down, where she could hardly breathe, with tears and snot running down her face, isn't an easy performance.  

Moreover, she tries to avoid negatives about her weight, but this came to the forefront, with her feeling that no one would ever be proud to have her as a partner as she is. She began blaming herself.

This is very unlike the self confident portrayal Whitney has used showing support of those with weight issues. It exposed how she has really been feeling about her own image.

This changes the dynamics (and the show's theme) between her and her fans, that overweight people can have everything, too. I'm sure it's not the story she wanted. It's not a 'fabulous' life. 

Trusted Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Chase is not a nice man. Whitney lost a year of her life while he strung her along...............Every year is precious when you want a child and Whitney is running out of time.

He said he loves the woman he cheated on her with.......what an A**

This wasn't a real relationship.  It was made up for the show.   

Honored Contributor

Chase was never Whitney's fiancé or boyfriend.  It was scripted for the show,  I am surprised that his real girlfriend put up with this.

Once the girlfriend got pregnant, that blew his cover.

This show is so fake.

Honored Contributor

IMO the whole show is pure fakery. Watched season 1 and done.

Watch bits now and then. Whitney has never been serious about weight loss.

I recall a trainer (a nice black guy, don't recall his name) finally dropped her as she kept "vanishing" and not showing up.

Those "relationships" are all scripted and I think she is in the running for an Emmy, based on the description of her "acting" recently.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was heartbreaking to hear her awareness of  how men going out with her would be accused of "chubby chasing" or fat chasers or any of the other horrible names given to guys with big gals. How sad...never to relax and not have jerks staring at you and wondering why you are with him or HE is with you. Nasty, mean and I DO hope this was scripted because otherwise she was set up for heartbreak by the producers (for some good ratings). I don't think her parents would have gone along with any scripted engagement...they seem like such lovely REAL people. She's better off without that liar Chase. And then there's always Buddy.....

Valued Contributor

Chase is awful!  I still hope she and Buddy will be together, even though Buddy has problems.  They genuinely seem to care for one another.