Respected Contributor

Oh geez......I rented it. Did anyone see this? A true story. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Re: MOVIE::: "Dark Waters" 2019

@cbriteNo I haven't seen it, is it good?

Respected Contributor

@Jackhound Mom YES I thought so....very informative.....I had no idea.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@cbriteThank you so much!  We will rent it soon Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I want to see it.

Years ago John Travolta starred in A Civil Action, similar genre.

Respected Contributor

@cbrite  I just watched the preview on Demand, will definitely rent. Looks really good. Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've heard about that movie. But I don't think it's the first one about that Dupont cover up. There was another movie, or maybe a docu about it and that was the first I had heard of it. 

ETA- It was a docu titled The Devil We Know (2018).

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

The screen writers took inspiration from a real story. Looks like it first appeared as a New York Times Magazine Story, but has been re-written and dramatized as a legal thriller.

Still, it represents events that changed the lives of residents in West Virginia in the late 1990s.

Concerns the manufacture, use, and dumping of PFOA, contaminating a water supply.

Since this story occurred, PFOA is no longer manufactured in the United States, but continues to be manufactured elsewhere, so contamination remains a global concern.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

The screen writers took inspiration from a real story. Looks like it first appeared as a New York Times Magazine Story, but has been re-written and dramatized as a legal thriller.

Still, it represents events that changed the lives of residents in West Virginia in the late 1990s.

Concerns the manufacture, use, and dumping of PFOA, contaminating a water supply.

Since this story occurred, PFOA is no longer manufactured in the United States, but continues to be manufactured elsewhere, so contamination remains a global concern.

@x Hedge ..... He went to court in 2015..... pretty recent  ...... Yes, PFOA is in every single living thing now + 99% of all humans. I'm sickened by it. I used their products for years. I hope I am not now. Or other companies who make it. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite , going by the information I read in several articles (Google), there were years between when the effects were first being noticed and correlated, and eventual trial. 

Writing a screenplay, they may have compressed the timeline, in the interest of good storytelling.