Honored Contributor

@MoJoV@software@willdob3@HannahsGram@SandySue

We this movie this weekend and this one really touched me somehow... I find this hard to explain.
Amy Adams did prove to me that she is one heck of an actress.
When asking about the movie on the internet, it iS explained.
Life is a circle; the aliens had no reference for linear time. They wanted Louise to know that they had the "weapon" "technology" (a linguistic problem exists) to in essence, fix our world's problems.
They were showing her visions of her child or her child's visions, in bits and pieces taken here and there out of their lives.

I still wonder if they had the "technology" to fix Hannah's genetic defect?

By Louise touching the hand of the alien through the partition, they could know that our life form valued life the most.

Amy Adams made this film earthy and real.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@MoJoV@software@willdob3@HannahsGram@SandySue

We this movie this weekend and this one really touched me somehow... I find this hard to explain.
Amy Adams did prove to me that she is one heck of an actress.
When asking about the movie on the internet, it iS explained.
Life is a circle; the aliens had no reference for linear time. They wanted Louise to know that they had the "weapon" "technology" (a linguistic problem exists) to in essence, fix our world's problems.
They were showing her visions of her child or her child's visions, in bits and pieces taken here and there out of their lives.

I still wonder if they had the "technology" to fix Hannah's genetic defect?

By Louise touching the hand of the alien through the partition, they could know that our life form valued life the most.

Amy Adams made this film earthy and real.

Arrival was a beautiful and thought provoking movie. I think I'll see it again to really "see" it.  I hope someday we get to where "they" are,rising above fear of the "different." Trite but true. Thanks for responding. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I liked it a lot too.  I did find it to be slow and think they could have picked up the pace a bit without losing anything.   I may watch it again too.