Honored Contributor

MORE UPCOMING HORROR TITLES FOR @SHARKE

Hi, @SharkE--   Just found out what else TCM is doing horror-wise in October.  In addition to the "Terror Friday" thing, they seem to be devoting every Wednesday primetime of the month to a different horror star.  For example, here's the schedule for the Christopher Lee fest, Wednesday, October 10, starting at 8:00 p.m. Eastern:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2018-10-10

The way they have this whole horror thing set up kind of confused me, but I'm pretty confident in saying that if you check every Friday primetime, and every Wednesday primetime, in October, there will be some sort of horror offerings...

Honored Contributor

Re: MORE UPCOMING HORROR TITLES FOR @SHARKE

Sounds like a plan !  I'm partial to vampires ROFL

i read a autobio of Lee's and did  U know his first betrayal of Dracula he only got paid 600 !   After the success of the Dracula films, needless to say, his price went up. 

Lot of good early vampire movies, then, everybody got on the band wagon and started cheapening the genre. You had women vampires, african american vampires even a child vampire in the Tom Cruise Dracula film.

Never cared for the Frankenstein movies. Mummies, from a historical viewpoint are somewhat interesting. Then, you had the radioactive ants, wasp woman, robots, spiders and giant women. LOL

Peter Cushing , was the man I couldn't think of his name. I bought Dr. Terror DVD. Vincent Price, was a good 'meanie', also. He was so classy!

Honored Contributor

Nice overview of the genre, @SharkE, which I'm not very familiar with.  I do have one or two films I love that would qualify as "horror".  Love the "Turn of the Screw" version with Deborah Kerr as the Victorian governess who just KNOWS there's something not quite right with her little charges.....     Creates such a feeling of dread and the willies!  

Honored Contributor

The Uninvited with Ray Milland is good, too, and not silly nonsense type of thing. More believeable.

The very best of all is The Changeling with George C Scott and his wife

I can see that being possible.

Honored Contributor

The Others , good too and 6th Sense. Didn't see that ending coming LOL

Kind of stuff I like and anything to do with ESP powers like most of KIng's books. Carrie , The Shining, Firestarter