Honored Contributor

MORE OF YOUR HALLOWE'EN FARE ON TCM, @SHARKE

EB20060312REVIEWS08603120301AR.jpg

@SharkE,  they seem to be sprinkling the horror offerings throughout the month.  And, suddenly, TCM has completely changed their online guide making it more difficult to follow.  Natch!

But for Friday, some tried and true horror:

Friday, 8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Dracula"   Bela Lugosi, Edward Van Sloan, Dwight Frye

9:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Cat People"   Kent Smith, Simone Simon, Tom Conway, Jane Randolph

11:00 p.m. Eastern--  "House on Haunted Hill"  Vincent Price, Carol Ohmart, Richad Long, Elisha Cook, Jr.

12:30 a.m. Eastern, Saturday-- "The Haunting"  Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Richard Johnson, Russ Tamblyn

Honored Contributor

Re: MORE OF YOUR HALLOWE'EN FARE ON TCM, @SHARKE

I got the Vincent Price one. Big on him. Got few of his. Read the book his daughter wrote on him. 

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

In the early 70's, I attended elementary school. About 2 or 3 times a year, the school would charge us 25 cents or so and we would go to the gym and sit on the floor and watch a movie on a projector and a screen! 📽 One time it was a Vincent Price movie and it scared me to death. Can you imagine schools doing something like that now? Funny isn't it! Thank you for the memory! 

Honored Contributor

They would show films now about not getting in the  family way.

Innocence is   long gone. Some of these commercials now days-----

I don't believe what I'm hearing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  I think "The Haunting" with Julie Harris is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.  Netflix did a remake of it as a series a few years ago and that was good too. Shirley Jackson knew how to write scary.👻 

Thank you for the reminder.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I could never figure that one out.  Ones that scare me is the ones where the persons talking are really dead and you don't know that till the end like that Bruce Willis movie.

The George C. Scott one  too is my favorite I can never think  of the name of something till  I think on it for  a long time. LOL   Think I'll break that out

Honored Contributor

I already went through TCM s offerings for Oct. and my DVR is filled with so many great horrors, ghost stories and fun!  I have seen these movies so many times but never tire of them.  I have stated before the Hammers, Universals, Lewtons are favorites but like one poster stated the Haunting is by far the one which scares me the most, such an excellent movie!  

The George C. Scott classic ghost story you may be referring to , Sharke, is The Changeling, another great!

October is always a favorite time for me on TCM because of these movies, I'm all set.  I have to add there are many movies not shown, Spiral Staircase in also a good one among others but I do have many on DVD.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

I've seen all of these except "Cat People."  I just couldn't get through that one.

And, not a fan of Dracula anything, but it is a classic.

These old movies were easier to watch as they were scary, but mostly not gory.  I cannot abide the violence in today's "horror" movies.  Just don't watch them....ever!