Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Every single time!

I think ok I've already watched all of these episodes several times, I'll watch something else.

Turn back to it, can't stop watching and when Monk does his thing, whatever it is, I 

can't help laughing all over againSmiley Happy

Love himHeart

You are not by yourself @on the bay I was addicted to Monk and was happy to see the marathon...this is turning out to be a great weekend!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Both DH and I like to watch Monk. He likes the mysteries Monk must solve and asked me why the TV guide calls it a comedy rather than a mystery. I said it's because of Monk's quirks.

Esteemed Contributor

Pete and Repeat were in a boat, Pete fell out, who was left? Repeat. Pete and Repeat were in a boat, Pete fell out, who was left? Repeat. Pete and Repeat---------. That was a funny one.

That was the episode where Monk and Sharona were on a plane travellin to NY.

Valued Contributor

I love Monk. Heart

A friend of mine is very neat, organized and particular about ....well, everything (but in a good way). Her husband calls her Monk, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Wish they could bring it back. 

Valued Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

I love Monk. Heart

A friend of mine is very neat, organized and particular about ....well, everything (but in a good way). Her husband calls her Monk, LOL!

My husband goes back and forth between calling me Monk and/or Monica. (From Friends) I’ll take either one as a huge compliment❣️ 😊

Honored Contributor

Love Monk.

My favorite episode is the one in which they are hiding out in the "FBI cabin," which everyone local knows about but apparently the FBI doesn't realize that.   Season 3, "Mr. Monk Gets Cabin Fever."

"Nature!  I've got nature on my hand.  Get it off!" cries Monk after accidentally touching the ground.  When Natalie wipes his hand with a leaf, he says, "What are you doing? You can't clean nature with nature!"

I look forward to that every time I know it's coming up.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach-

I know that one-it is funny.

One I always remember is where Monk is hanging off the cliff, the guy with leprosy reaches out his hand to save him and Monk says, isn't there anyone else? I guess the man shakes his head.

Monk says well could you look around?!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Monk is among the shows that, when they left the air, caused us to lose a lot of delight and fun.  Those shows were intelligent, fun, and dare I say, good looking.  I don't mean everyone was drop-dead gorgeous, but the shows paid attention to visuals, settings, costumes, scenery, and all of that, as well as wonderful dialogue and interesting stories.

I count Monk, Psych, Covert Affairs, In Plain Sight, White Collar, Burn Notice, and maybe a couple of others.  They were part of USA Network's "blue skies" programming.  I sure miss all those shows, @on the bay.

But especially Monk.  (Well, Psych, too!)   Thank goodness for Hallmark Movies and Mysteries.

ETA:  I forgot Royal Pains, which is my all-time favorite.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Pete and Repeat were in a boat, Pete fell out, who was left? Repeat. Pete and Repeat were in a boat, Pete fell out, who was left? Repeat. Pete and Repeat---------. That was a funny one.

That was the episode where Monk and Sharona were on a plane travellin to NY.

Yes, and the real life Mrs. Tony Shaloub was in it --- Brooke Adams as the flight attendant fed up by Mr. Monk!