Honored Contributor

Re: MONDAY IS ANN SOTHERN DAY ON TCM

Super, @cimeranrose --  thanks for the heads-up!

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

Just an FYI @drizzellla @Oznell @spiderw  - Amazon Prime TV has lots of old TV shows you can watch for free. Out of curiosity, I just searched on there for the old tv shows you mentioned and "Dobie Gillis", "My Little Margie", "Private Secretary" (with Ann Sothern) are all free on Amazon Prime.

Some old shows I like to watch on Amazon Prime are I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, The ****** VanDyke Show, That Girl, Magnum PI, Dr. Quinn. They also have some good British documentaries about the Royal family and British tv movies I've enjoyed.

We get Amazon Prime Tv for free on our Roku because my husband gets Amazon Prime every year since he orders quite a bit. He said he didn't know if he'd renew his Amazon Prime this year (it's $119/year). But, I told him to renew it because it's totally worth it to get the Amazon Prime Tv for free.

Thanks Cimeranrose - 

Will have to check it out. We have Amazon Prime TV and Roku. But I will have to learn the menu on that TV. I generally use the "smaller" TV with easy access and simple remotes.

Esteemed Contributor

Ann Sothern, in one word, charming.

She had a certain quality of balance and a striking wise assertive quality.

My sweet MOM adored her. 

I do remember watching all of the Maisie series at a very young age, looking forward to any movie she was in.

What struck me as warmth and extremely comfortable to listen to was her one `` of a kind voice.

Women's voices usually cause me to mute most (of) anything, especially the news or many broadcasters.

My husband knows that as a 'fact' ~

She was the epitome of style and grace in her attire. A lady.

I always thought Ann was so VERY underrated as star power, so I will continue to watch her each and every time she is on any channel.

•       Thank you, dear friend~~ @Oznell  Woman Happy

"did you know that she was very talented of musical qualities, and was an Artist". ---?

Honored Contributor

No, I didn't know that, @NAES1 -- interesting!   Maybe that partly accounts for her very well-modulated and appealing voice...