Honored Contributor

Re: MINI ALERT FOR HARD CORE "MIDNIGHT LACE" FANS, 6:00 P.M. EASTERN MONDAY TCM

@lmt wrote:

I love all the Doris Day rom-coms, Pillow Talk is my absolute favorite!!

I never saw Midnight Lace and I tried to watch it last night. I was about an hour in and I fell asleep. The anguish on her face when she was receiving the phone calls was really over the top. I hope it plays again soon so I can see how it ends. I'm almost tempted to Google the ending, but I think I'll wait and watch it.

@lmt  Oh, please don't Google the ending.  It's a great ending and worth re-watching the film to see it.   Stay tuned.....

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I never saw Midnight Lace and I tried to watch it last night. I was about an hour in and I fell asleep. The anguish on her face when she was receiving the phone calls was really over the top. I hope it plays again soon so I can see how it ends. I'm almost tempted to Google the ending, but I think I'll wait and watch it.

@lmt  Oh, please don't Google the ending.  It's a great ending and worth re-watching the film to see it.   Stay tuned.....

@Pearlee  LOL, I promise I won't Google the ending. Smiley Wink

I really want to see how it ends. I hope they air it again soon!

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee  LOL, I promise I won't Google the ending. Smiley Wink

I really want to see how it ends. I hope they air it again soon!

@lmt  LOL    One time about six months ago when it was on, I told my sister (who lives in a different city) to watch it.  She loved it but fell asleep after about 3/4 of the film (that night it had started at 10:00 p.m.)  She emailed, asking  me how it ended.

I emailed her back that she should watch the film again rather than my tell her the ending, but I wrote the ending below my warning "SPOILER below"  and I  left a lot of spaces before I wrote the ending, so that she could stop after my spoiler warning.  I told her not to read it but the ending was there if she wanted to know it.

So of course she read my ending and instantly regretted it, wishing she had heeded my advice to watch the rest of the film.

Honored Contributor

I was pretty sure of the ending. It was a good one!