Respected Contributor

MIKELLE BIGGS' DISAPPEARANCE ON ID NOV. 19

For anyone following this story--Mikelle Biggs' Disappearance--Gone In 90 Seconds--can learn more Monday, Nov. 19, at 10 p.m. on Investigation Discovery (ID).  The case is still unsolved.  It will be featured on People Magazine Investigates on ID.

Respected Contributor

Re: MIKELLE BIGGS' DISAPPEARANCE ON ID NOV. 19

@fortune wrote:

For anyone following this story--Mikelle Biggs' Disappearance--Gone In 90 Seconds--can learn more Monday, Nov. 19, at 10 p.m. on Investigation Discovery (ID).  The case is still unsolved.  It will be featured on People Magazine Investigates on ID.

I had not seen this story yet...it is amazing how people can disappear and there are no leads in the case.  This case is interesting and I will tune in...thanks for sharing @fortune!

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

Did anyone watch this show?  After reading many news articles about this case, I found out that right after Mikelle disappeared, they brought in search dogs.  The dogs lost her scent a few feet from her bike.  This means that she was put into a vehicle.  The ID show didn't mention this.  In my opinion, this should have been followed up in the investigation--traffic stops, etc.  Also, Blalock, as a registered sex offender, was interviewed right after her disappearance and his house was "searched."

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the post.  I watched the other night and unfortunately fell asleep before the end.  I was not aware the case is still unsolved.  How sad for the family.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@fortune wrote:

Did anyone watch this show?  After reading many news articles about this case, I found out that right after Mikelle disappeared, they brought in search dogs.  The dogs lost her scent a few feet from her bike.  This means that she was put into a vehicle.  The ID show didn't mention this.  In my opinion, this should have been followed up in the investigation--traffic stops, etc.  Also, Blalock, as a registered sex offender, was interviewed right after her disappearance and his house was "searched."

@fortune  Yes, his house was searched but they didn't know at that time about his storage locker, which they searched a few days later (and so he'd had the opportunity to clean it).   The show really seemed to be pointing the finger at him.  After the mother and father met with him in prison, the mother was sure he had killed Mikelle from her "feelings," which of course was not evidence at all.  They really don't have any evidence that Blalock did it - even the woman he had beaten almost to death just "felt" that he was responsible for what happened to Mikelle.  Nobody can be convicted from "feelings" and "sensing" he had done it.

I also had never heard about this story before.

As for People Investigates, I really don't think so. The police investigate, and People reports on it.  I dislike everything about that magazine, which I've subscribed to from its beginning, including this show, because of the editor, Jess Cagle, making himself part of the stories and being so self-aggrandizing and publicity-seeking (in my opinion).  He sure strives to be a celebrity, both in the magazine and now making himself part of this show too (he's even in a promo for the show that airs on the station).